Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(17-07-2015, 21:42)madsteve Wrote:
(17-07-2015, 21:27)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(17-07-2015, 20:45)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: I'm going to put it out there now ...

If it means paying £60 odd quid a game at home for a ticket in the prem then I'd rather the prem fuuck off up its own arse and the championship become our top league. No way do I want to pay that much to sit in 12th every season doing **** all. Thats not what football is to me.

But as you point out yourself, this season you are paying 11 quid a game, I assume on a student discount, so I don't think he is going to ask for any season ticket holder to pay 60 quid a ticket.  I think he has done this to improve, or even force, season ticket sales, he wants fans to commit like he has done, albeit at a lower cost.  If you are a fan that goes to 10-15 home games per season, then I think he will make it so its better for you to get a ST and attend every game if you want.  I even wonder if you might see ST prices at least stay the same for a few seasons, maybe even go down in the prem due to the immediate increased revenue streams, but he will ask those who only attend a few games to pay more, not great but supporting your ST holders should be the first priority!!

The value of being a ST holder has gradually been eroded over the years. It used to be a 7.5 match discount, it worked out as three last season compared to pay as you go once special deals were taken into account. Not great when I missed one due to holiday and we had others on TV so could have skipped those if I hadn't paid already.

Yes it has and not just with us, I see other teams saying similar things, but it would seem that our new owner is intent on rectifying that situation.  Out of curiosity, for those who paid the adult rate, what was you ST cost and for which stand??
But now we are guessing who can finish seventh or celebrating 17th place Doh and that is shit IMO Angry

As the Chezzie fans have said Thumb up it will implode eventually Cool

and they'd better not knock on my door and ask me for any more wonga Whistle
and complicated
Chelsea & Man city have crashed the party due to mega rich owners. Maybe we can join them?

Wink

(17-07-2015, 21:45)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(17-07-2015, 21:42)madsteve Wrote:
(17-07-2015, 21:27)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(17-07-2015, 20:45)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: I'm going to put it out there now ...

If it means paying £60 odd quid a game at home for a ticket in the prem then I'd rather the prem fuuck off up its own arse and the championship become our top league. No way do I want to pay that much to sit in 12th every season doing **** all. Thats not what football is to me.

But as you point out yourself, this season you are paying 11 quid a game, I assume on a student discount, so I don't think he is going to ask for any season ticket holder to pay 60 quid a ticket.  I think he has done this to improve, or even force, season ticket sales, he wants fans to commit like he has done, albeit at a lower cost.  If you are a fan that goes to 10-15 home games per season, then I think he will make it so its better for you to get a ST and attend every game if you want.  I even wonder if you might see ST prices at least stay the same for a few seasons, maybe even go down in the prem due to the immediate increased revenue streams, but he will ask those who only attend a few games to pay more, not great but supporting your ST holders should be the first priority!!

The value of being a ST holder has gradually been eroded over the years. It used to be a 7.5 match discount, it worked out as three last season compared to pay as you go once special deals were taken into account. Not great when I missed one due to holiday and we had others on TV so could have skipped those if I hadn't paid already.

Yes it has and not just with us, I see other teams saying similar things, but it would seem that our new owner is intent on rectifying that situation.  Out of curiosity, for those who paid the adult rate, what was you ST cost and for which stand??

I paid £480 for the North Stand.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
So essentially 21 quid per game. Looking at the price structure we now have I think with membership you would average around 35 quid a game if you went to all of them, so you are saving approx 9 games this season. Using that probably flawed math, next season anyone who goes to at least 15 games this season should buy a ST next year to save money.
(17-07-2015, 21:48)madsteve Wrote: Chelsea & Man city have crashed the party due to mega rich owners. Maybe we can join them?
I really don't want to if the price is the soul of MY club being ripped out and prostituted to the highest bidder  Doh 
and complicated
(17-07-2015, 21:47)Maddix Wrote: But now we are guessing who can finish seventh or celebrating 17th place Doh and that is shit IMO  Angry

Yes I  agree with that, that is what has changed, not the actual winning of the title but at least thinking you might!!!  I know there isn't a lot of money in it but I would like to see more teams going into the Europa League, at least give the fans something to aim for that would be classed as a bit of success!!!  
(17-07-2015, 21:55)Maddix Wrote:
(17-07-2015, 21:48)madsteve Wrote: Chelsea & Man city have crashed the party due to mega rich owners. Maybe we can join them?
I really don't want to if the price is the soul of MY club being ripped out and prostituted to the highest bidder  Doh 

It is not Wednesday that have prostituted themselves but the professional game.

The only solution is to give up the professional game & start following a non-league team.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

I don't think anyone wants to see that and I am not sure Man City have done that but I think Chelsea have.  Problem with us now is that there are new rules as to how much an owner can put into the club in terms of losses, when Chelsea and Citeh did it there were no restrictions and they were able to buy a top 4 place, get the CL money, now attract better players and so on, it has become self perpetuating for the top 4 unless you are Man Utd and have gates of 75k and merchandising revenues bigger than any other club!!
(17-07-2015, 22:01)madsteve Wrote:

It is not Wednesday that have prostituted themselves but the professional game.

The only solution is to give up the professional game & start following a non-league team.

Good call MS  Thumb up Sheffield Thursday anyone ?  Laugh FC United are nearly in the 4th division  Cool
and complicated
I missed about 5 home games and would have saved money had I gone through the SU

then again I wouldnt have got any priority points to go to Watford, Fulham etc
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed