Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(15-07-2015, 21:15)consilio Wrote: Lavery and May wide of Nuhiu.  We are playing 433

Doh Doh Doh Doh

Is Bus injured? Again?
"God Save the King."
Like that idea stateside Thumb up
or something like £80 for a "family" of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids), £100 for 5, £120 for 6 (2 adults, 4 kids). You'd then have mates grouping together to take their kids and overall be increasing revenue.

I just think it's a bit too simplistic by the owner to just think putting prices up will increase revenues. This is not london we're talking about, this is Sheffield. People round here need an incentive to go and pay even £30. £42-£52 is going to put people off going unless we're at the top of the league

(15-07-2015, 21:17)peiowl Wrote:
(15-07-2015, 21:15)consilio Wrote: Lavery and May wide of Nuhiu.  We are playing 433

Doh Doh Doh Doh

Is Bus injured? Again?

Whats wrong with CC having a look at May and Nuhiu in a game that means nowt? He can then decide whether or not he needs someone new in as a priority
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
May off, Croasdale on. 0-0 HT.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(15-07-2015, 19:45)consilio Wrote: Nothing to do with that Steve, he never said I'll pay for the new pitch etc but I'm gonna whack the prices up.  He is pricing families and large sections of the fan base out of the game.

And the children of those families will end up watching and subsequently supporting one of the top 5 EPL teams that they can watch wall to wall on Sky or BT. In a few years you'll be able to see all the different replica shirts walking round Sheffield on the backs of the local youngsters Angry 

Eradicating the fan base is not a sound business plan IMO  Doh

£250 a game  Doh that's about three months Sky/BT subscriptions paid for Thumb up and includes unlimited broadband and phone calls which 90 minutes at S6 doesn't include  Whistle
consilio and Statesideowl like this post
and complicated
one of the things I like about sheffield is that you walk through the residential areas and you'll see more Wednsday and united than you do any other team. The city is a loyal one whther you're blue or red. However, there comes a time when kids are priced out of their club and they start supporting those that they have much more exposure to.

We need these kids in the long term and risking this by pricing them out in the short run, in the hope of a prem return and increased exposure that way, is a risky strategy.
Maddix likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
While not due to pricing structure, more to do with them going through a period of being crap, this has happened in Bradford. Among the under 10's you very rarely see a City shirt. It's mainly Manure and Liverpool. Citeh have come to the fore lately but, must be a Northern thing, you don't see many Arse or Chelski. Another trend is Real and Barca and the kids genuinely say they support them, it's not just something they've bought on their jollies  Doh
and complicated
Wildsmith, vermijl, lees, lachman, helan, lee, melo, lopez, wallace, bus, matias, 2nd half team.

1-0 Matias.
peiowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Hmm. Not really into all this pre-season lark but I am getting fed up with this *MASSIVE* lark.

It was funny when we were using it to wind up the blunts but that is yonks ago now and some folk are beginning to believe it.

The club doesn't help with incessant use in marketing...

Today's e-mail:

*Join our 2015/16 Owls Membership Scheme and enjoy MASSIVE savings and a
range of benefits!*

GIOER!
madsteve and St Charles Owl like this post
Just seen the match day prices for your season. Wow your club is out pricing the fans. I don't think that many away fans will be visiting you this season.
WakeyTerrier, consilio, Thurnscoe_OWL And 1 others like this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
We played two different sides again pei. Bus is on at HT and looking lively.

Matias oozes class, as does Lopez.

Wildsmith now in goal, no Westwood again?

Lachman on at CB with Lees. Vermijl is on, Melo, Wallace and a few others!!
peiowl likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed