Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
So close Kuchar =( almoat a 30/1 winner. Each way tho so made a small profit overall, backing him and lowry each way..
Usually one place gets me a small profit.

This weekend, I think it will be a small loss.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Zach Johnson will place for you at the John Deere. Shame no one saw the rounds Tom Gillis was going to have. Looks like its going to a play-off with 3 possible contenders.
Zach was only 10/1 so a small loss even though I bet more on him than anyone else.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Got nowt back from the golf this weekend, better luck in the Open hopefully:

Speith 6/1
Fowler 14/1
Oosthuizen 22/1
Lowry 40/1
Els 150/1
madsteve likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(13-07-2015, 11:34)Owlkev71 Wrote: Got nowt back from the golf this weekend, better luck in the Open hopefully:

Speith 6/1
Fowler 14/1
Oosthuizen 22/1
Lowry 40/1
Els 150/1

Wouldn't argue a case against any of those particularly as I have already backed Speith, Oosterhuizen & Lowry.
Jordan Speith 15/2 - jumped on the moment I heard of rumours of Rory's injury. He is the class horse in the field & also the form horse. The question marks are that he won't get much on course preparation but he showed his links ability at the US Open.

Louis Oosterhuizen 28/1 - again I backed him pre the Rory withdrawal. He won the last time the Open was held on this course, winning by seven shots. He showed that he is coming into form again at the US Open, finishing Tied 2nd, despite a terrible first round.

Tommy Fleetwood 80/1 - he was brought up on the Lancashire links courses so is a perfect long shot here. He has been showing well for the last couple of months and I feel a Top Ten finish is possible, particularly if the weather gets rough.

Shane Lowry 40/1 - you always seem to get a run with this guy. Brought up on Irish links courses, he is another that will give greater value the worse the weather. He Tied 37th in his first Open on this course. He Tied 9th in last year's Open & Tied 9th at this year's US Open. Should be thereabouts on the final day.

Danny Lee 150/1 - think he is good value at 150/1. Won his first PGA event two weeks ago at the Greenbrier Classic after a four way playoff. He impressed again at the John Deere Clasic, finishing Tied third & would have made the playoff but for picking his ball up on the fairway in round three.

Ernie Els 150/1 - usually does well in majors & with eight places for each way, why not?

Probably will have more bets nearer the start.
Like your Danny Lee bet, he was solid yesterday playing alongside Jordan Speith and kept up with him shot for shot. As you say he is in form and would have been higher but for one mistake.
(09-07-2015, 14:08)Luke_East_Baggie Wrote: Why did I never know about this thread before!!!

would have told other boards when I put it up but I've been told that I'm not allowed to venture away from the Wednesday board by a certain village poster Angry Angry  Doh 

sorry 
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Now,now Thurnscoe, you are free to go anywhere you like on here and post your opinions on any subject!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »