Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Solid striker.

Hirsty averaged 1 goal in 3 games

Hooper averages 1 goal in 2 games

You'd have to be daft to moan about this signing if it's true!
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(12-07-2015, 16:19)Statesideowl Wrote: Solid striker.

Hirsty averaged 1 goal in 3 games

Hooper averages 1 goal in 2 games

You'd have to be daft to moan about this signing if it's true!

His strike rate in Scotland was similar to May's.

In England his strike rate was lower - 96 goals from  267 matches, with almost 200 of those at L1 level or below.

At SBC level his record is 31 goals from 86 matches.

He is a gamble and I would take it at £1.5m but at £6m, he is poor value. he is 27 so should be at his peak.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
6M is ridiculous I agree.

I think 4-5M he is definitely worth it. Still has 3 good seasons in him.

How much was Rhodes being quoted at?
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Blackburn are quoting £8m for Rhodes but will probably accept around £5m.

His contract only has one year left so everyone knows that he goes for free next summer.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I still feel Hooper would be a great signing for us, price tag debatable.

Would Blackburn really accept say, 6M for Rhodes? I suppose you don't know til you try. I can't see it though surely they're discussing terms wit him over the summer to extend his contract? Once/If that happens you're looking at 8-10M

We don't need a Prem team yet, just a promotion capable team. If we could get Hooper for 5M on a 3 year deal I'd be quite happy with that. Definitely happier than signing Murphy for almost 6M!!!!

Appreciate the breakdown of Hoopers stats too btw MS
madsteve likes this post
(12-07-2015, 17:09)Statesideowl Wrote: I still feel Hooper would be a great signing for us, price tag debatable.

Would Blackburn really accept say, 6M for Rhodes? I suppose you don't know til you try. I can't see it though surely they're discussing terms wit him over the summer to extend his contract? Once/If that happens you're looking at 8-10M

We don't need a Prem team yet, just a promotion capable team. If we could get Hooper for 5M on a 3 year deal I'd be quite happy with that. Definitely happier than signing Murphy for almost 6M!!!!

Appreciate the breakdown of Hoopers stats too btw MS

The Rhodes situation is interesting.

Blackburn cannot offer him a new contract on anywhere near his current terms. He has one year left & can leave for free next summer so they are desperate to sell. Other clubs know this so the smart move would be to agree a deal with Rhodes as a free agent for next summer & get him to play out his contract at Blackburn.

They have already sold Tom Cairney and are trying to sell Rhodes & Gestede while filling their team with ex OWLS, Spurr, BM10 & Coke.
I would prefer Rhodes or Hooper rather than Murphy. Rhodes is only 25ish so has more years ahead of him. Though he did his ankle in yesterday.
I didn't realise that about Rhodes situation..

That certainly puts a different spin on things. If we could, like you say negotiate a deal ahead of time, we would only need to plug the gap for one season. a nominal fee on a loan player is quite feasible for us now.

It's great now that the gloomy cloud of complete despair has lifted from S6, giving us the ability to even discuss potential transfers/loans in the millions!!

No Ryan Lowe's aged 34 up front... Laugh it's fantastic
madsteve likes this post
I would take Rhodes over all of them, he has been the most prolific striker for a few years, is still young, has a solid reputation as a team mate and i=whether its 5m or 8m we can now afford him!!!! Hooper would be good as well, just not up to the level of rhodes for me.

Of course if we sign Bamford I can live with that as well. Its definitely more exciting getting up in the mornings now and seeing who we are being lin ked with!!! As Stateside said, no more Ryan Lowes at 34!!

Is there anything out there about the Rhodes ankle injury?? Anytime a player is carried off its not good!!
madsteve and Statesideowl like this post
Officially we cannot talk to Rhodes yet with a view to signing next summer.

He is better than Hooper & way better than Murphy. We may have money but it is not unlimited so I guess that DC won't want to spend £5m on a player he can get for free next summer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed