Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Appears to be way better than any of our attacking midfielders from last season.

It is almost like having Antonio back although without the guarantees that he will do it in this division.

It has got the fans excited again & I would be surprised if DC is having everything riding on one player so I would expect at least another couple of signing of this standard as we make a serious bid for promotion.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
He certainly looks like a talent on the videos I've seen.

Looking forward to Alfreton on Saturday!
(09-07-2015, 11:53)consilio Wrote: He certainly looks like a talent on the videos I've seen.

Looking forward to Alfreton on Saturday!

Never look forward to pre season friendlies. It only causes disappointment.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
It's always a good day out though.

No idea what side we will take
Probably a reserve side.

Appears that we have signed Alex Lopez on a season long loan from Celta Vigo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9U7QAG...e=youtu.be

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81lex_L%C3%B3pez
I'm very sceptical regrading all these foreign imports.

We've been down this route before
We will have to rename our team 'The Foreign Legion Owls!!
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...urphy.html
Big bid for us indeed 4.25M

I think our pub league promotion squad was worth that Laugh

Murphy is a proven striker, I don't have a problem with it per say. I'd just have thought that if we're dropping over 4M on a striker this wouldn't necessarily be the one..

The Spanish loan could go either way like the Vincent Sasso loan. Thankfully, they are just loans so if they fail to adapt we can hopefully send them back to their parent clubs.

Would like to see some UK players come in, not against flair players I just think too many players plying their first season in the English game isn't a good idea. Even May struggled.. ( Partly due to an under-performing team all around)
peiowl and consilio like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Think £4.25m is too much for a 32 year old striker. Strikers are usually finished at around 32 & Murphy really has only had one good season.

Far better value out there.
consilio and Washington like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed