Thread Rating:
RIFC
Cheeky sods they were on holiday all season Trus,you'd think they've earned enough dough considering the leagues they'd been operating in.
A contract is a contract. If it's in there, they're due it.

If.
Aye suppose ye can't argue that,just rings of sour grapes giving that three players have been whinging about not getting a thank you for there efforts.
The gaming community call it "butt-hurt".
I'll say right now that I thought Dave King's comment at the time about the players was out of order, even if it was arguably true. But for footballers like these to claim holiday pay is a ridiculous notion when you think about how much they get paid and the relatively small number of hours per week they're actually playing or in training. It would be interesting to see how their contracts are constructed though, and they may well be entitled.
TIN TIN likes this post
This could well be setting a precedent, i get the impression it was a gentlemans agreement re contracts!
This relates to the appeal by HMRC against the rulings on EBTs used by Rangers' Oldco.
Perhaps it is appropriate that this matter should resume on Budget Day !
BTW, the Oldco has not 'been liqudated', if it had been liquidated, it would not exist.
If it does not exist then against whom, or what, is HMRC contesting this Case ???

Skysports - Rangers 'big tax case' goes back to court
AVFC RFC SAFC
I'm no sure how this would work but if eventually HMRC won would the recipients of the EBT's not be liable for taxation??
(08-07-2015, 13:39)Fredstersafool Wrote: I'm no sure how this would work but if eventually HMRC won would the recipients of the EBT's not be liable for taxation??

I am no tax expert either Fred, but to me the logic is that if the monies paid are deemed to be income, then the relevant income tax would be payable by the recipients of that income.
AVFC RFC SAFC
It wont matter.

Rangers (as was) will win again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »