Thread Rating:
Mulumbu
I posted a while ago when people were picking Mulumbu for their "teams to face XXX" that it was strange that all we were hearing about the injury he picked up on international duty was it is a hamstring problem and "we are waiting for an assessment". Since then not a word as far as I am aware, which is concerning and usually means a long term injury.

Has anyone any more information?
That's true - not heard a thing.
Obviously anything to do with a hamstring is bad news and probably means at least 2 weeks out even with a slight niggle......with the real danger that it gets worse. JUST what we need!
If so, Yacob HAS to play. Nobody got within 10 yds of Mirallas (?) for their 2nd.
Probably hear more tomorrow with us playing on sunday instead.
Hope so, but I would not put money on it as they will not want to give the opposition a clue as to our line up. I just have a gut feeling that we are at best looking at about 6 weeks, but we will see.
He was pictured walking into the squad picture, 6+ weeks is a bit OTT, if it was that bad he wouldn't have been able to and we would have heard about it either through the local journo's or YM himself on twitter. Imo he may miss Spurs at the worst but I'm only guessing.
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
Mulumbu and Jacob central midfield earned us a lot of points last season. I am going away to analyse stats to confirm this but believe it to be true.
Question is......
should Mulumbu walk straight back into the team or will AI stick his Spurs winning eleven ?

Confused
I think it will depend who we are playing.  The 11 against Spurs were more of a what can I do with, who is match fit, my best "guess" is when everyone is fit Mulumbu will be included in a more defensive line up.  Either way good to see my fears about a longer term injury were unfounded. Thumb up
(23-09-2014, 10:28)Salopbaggie Wrote: I think it will depend who we are playing.  The 11 against Spurs were more of a what can I do with, who is match fit, my best "guess" is when everyone is fit Mulumbu will be included in a more defensive line up.  Either way good to see my fears about a longer term injury were unfounded.  Thumb up

Agree - great to see - or assume strongly (!) that the injury is/was a short term one.  Thumb up
Have never seen Mulumbu as a DEFENSIVE midfielder, although he has played in that role, I know; IMO he's not got the discipline for that as he does forray forward quite a lot AND can get caught in possession in dangerous areas (OMG I'm agreeing with The Mooooooose  Sick ). He'd still be one of the first names on my teamsheet though as a more adventurous box-to-box player.
STILL IMO very under rated Doh - he seems to have a great instinct for the game.

(By the way - WHY a Badger smiley, Stairs??! Huh Am I missing something there?)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »