Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Mervan Celik from Turkish side Genclerbirligi.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Linked with every continental player available.
We need to invest in the academy, and pull in the local talent from our area instead of letting Manure and Cheslki sign them when they're 10. The sooner we do this, the sooner we can reap the benefits. When have we ever had a Bale ( I know he's a taffy) Wickham, Barkley come through our academy?

Seems we'll do our part to help strangle the grass roots system, not that I'm averse to foreign talent they do seem to be ahead of us in the game due to our poor youth investment.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(26-06-2015, 15:30)Statesideowl Wrote: Linked with every continental player available.
We need to invest in the academy, and pull in the local talent from our area instead of letting Manure and Cheslki sign them when they're 10. The sooner we do this, the sooner we can reap the benefits. When have we ever had a Bale ( I know he's a taffy) Wickham, Barkley come through our academy?

Seems we'll do our part to help strangle the grass roots system, not that I'm averse to foreign talent they do seem to be ahead of us in the game due to our poor youth investment.

That process has started but will take quite a few years before the ten year olds are good enough for the first team.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Well that's good to hear. I'm happy with that. Grass roots level in Britain has suffered for a long time IMO

The important thing, is that it is in motion. Smile
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I don't think you can sign kids from outside your local area anymore Stateside. Not 100% sure but I think there are restrictions
(26-06-2015, 17:49)consilio Wrote: I don't think you can sign kids from outside your local area anymore Stateside.  Not 100% sure but I think there are restrictions

There are but up until they're 21 an academy with category 1 status can"buy" your players for a fiver and a bag of skittles Doh
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
After reading Consilio's reply I felt a bit more upbeat about it. Then, Thurny brought me crashing back down Big Grin
Unfortunately I think Thurny is right!! Of course that would mean a family moving to allow their son to be able to go to say Chelsea instead of us and in reality only the very best prospects would have the guarantee of making a career out of football to justify that upheaval. The one thing we have going for us at the moment is the lack of any decent teams in Yorkshire. We have a chance to become the best Yorkshire team and therefore the most attractive proposition for good youngsters, but we need to build the infrastructure and the team and get into the Prem to achieve it.
Maghoma has signed a two year deal with Birmingham. Good move for him, not sure its a good one for them unless they play him behind the strikers and not on the wing like we generally did.
I think we'll find that we've lost quite a few players who will come good Doh now that SG has no influence over them or their tactics anymore Angry
madsteve likes this post
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed