Thread Rating:
Alloa 1 Rangers 1 - Sat 20th Sept
Back to league duties after the defining victory against ICT in midweek.

Miller still doubtful so Clark should continue up front with Boyd. Daly will be knocking the door though so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he features from the start.

Rest of the team should really pick itself at this stage. Maybe Templeton to start instead of Aird, perhaps. Can't really imagine many changes to the ICT starting eleven though.

With Hearts at home to bottom-of-the-table Cowdenbeath, we need to make this one a safe three points.
Daly should really get the nod ahead of Boyd, but with Ally's favouritism issue Boyd could yet keep starting.
Despite not scoring, Boyd's overall play has been very good. His link-ups with Clark especially have been noteworthy.
The goals will come for Boyd and as stated his inclusion in the side is merited. Has McCoist finally got the hang of this coaching malarkey.
I think he's looked decent too but he's in there to score goals and has missed a lot of opportunities lately and I think he's looked increasingly jaded as a result. I know some would say he should stay in the team to get a chance to get over the hump, but I'd be more in favour of benching him, giving Daly a fair crack at the whip for a game or two, and giving Boyd an opportunity to come on as a sub and catch out a hopefully tired and stretched defence. Works out for everyone.
Thing is, there's no guarantee that Daly will either score goals, or link up with Clark as well as Boyd does. Dunno if it's a good idea to change something that seems to be working, on the off-chance that something else might work just as well.
I thought Daly and Clark worked well as a partnership last season when they had the chance. The only worry for me would be that players go back to hoofing long balls all the time if Daly's there, but we've been putting in a lot of crosses lately and could do with someone getting on the end of them. To be honest I'll be happy with either of them starting though as they offer different things.
SPFL2 (Championship) 20/09/2014 : Alloa Athletic 1 - 1 Rangers

Match Report : Rangers FC - Alloa 1-1 Rangers

Attendance : 2,973

Manager's verdict : Rangers FC - Point Was Fair Outcome

Seems a poor match, going by the reports. Maybe it is the artificial surface ?
AVFC RFC SAFC
(20-09-2014, 20:12)Larry-AV Wrote: SPFL2 (Championship) 20/09/2014 : Alloa Athletic 1 - 1 Rangers

Match Report : Rangers FC - Alloa 1-1 Rangers

Attendance : 2,973

Manager's verdict : Rangers FC - Point Was Fair Outcome

Seems a poor match, going by the reports. Maybe it is the artificial surface ?

Or maybe it's the piss poor players
Didn't get a chance to follow the match yesterday but it seems like we put in a weak performance. It's a bit worrying that this happened yet again when we were without Wallace and Macleod. It doesn't help that Clark appears to be made of glass. Still, onwards we go.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »