Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
I think the thing that is causing so many to be worried is no one fully understands the roles that everyone will have. I have seen so many comments about Roeder picking the team or looking at tactics, yet from everything I have seen he is employed as essentially head of the scouting department and aside from being part of the committee will have little to do with the match day plans. Once CC and MC are appointed then I hope the club makes everyone aware of what their roles will be and how it all fits together.

As for CC, I had never heard of him and still know very little about him. That does ring some alarm bells but at the end of the day every manager who is currently available has been fired at some point and he does have some big name clubs on his CV, although it seems as interim or purely short term basis. He has had a lot of jobs, so there are those out there who think he is good enough to keep employing him. I would be interested to know why he left the jobs he has had, was he fired every time or was he brought in for a specific purpose etc etc.
consilio likes this post
(24-06-2015, 16:39)madsteve Wrote: On this day 32 years ago, Wednesday appointed Howard Wilkinson as the new Manager in succession to Jack Charlton.

There was fan outrage that we had appointed an unproven person as Manager and someone who wasn't a big name.

Eleven months later, we were promoted to the top flight for the first time in 14 years.

Could history be about to repeat itself?

No
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(24-06-2015, 17:52)Owlkev71 Wrote:
(24-06-2015, 16:39)madsteve Wrote: On this day 32 years ago, Wednesday appointed Howard Wilkinson as the new Manager in succession to Jack Charlton.

There was fan outrage that we had appointed an unproven person as Manager and someone who wasn't a big name.

Eleven months later, we were promoted to the top flight for the first time in 14 years.

No

That's a tad defeatist. 
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

This is what I like to see. Someone giving the new guys a chance. Thumb up Take heed of this consilio. Make sure your glass is half full. And what better way to start than by changing that awful avatar of yours. You and imre need to take Avatar 101 - or just look at my avatar, then you'll get the idea. Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
I actually don't think we are in any position to attract a "big name" manager at the moment. Sure we have ambition and we have money now, but no one knows how much and there are still 10 or so Championship clubs that provide better prospects than us as we stand today. Now if we appoint the duo we are looking at and it works then we will all be happy, if it doesn't gain us promotion at the very least it should show the ambition of the club via the budget we now have and in a year we may be a better prospect for better name managers. At the moment, I think us getting back to the prem is dependent on DC spending a lot of money on the team, show the intent and the belief will follow even if we do not succeed this season.
I would be over the moon if the new management worked, I just don't think it will Angel
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I remember a coach of mine from many years ago that every success starts with someone believing it will happen.

Wednesday suffer because too many fans lack belief.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(24-06-2015, 19:07)madsteve Wrote: I remember a coach of mine from many years ago that every success starts with someone believing it will happen.

Wednesday suffer because too many fans lack belief.

Be also nice if the players had belief ALL the time too ............like at the Rotherham game Thumb up  !!!

Rumour that we are signing 25 yr old Centre Half from FC Twente - Darell Lachman. Announcement tomorrow?
consilio likes this post
(24-06-2015, 18:43)Owlkev71 Wrote: I would be over the moon if the new management worked, I just don't think it will Angel

I think your view is probably more common than the opposite one at the moment among Wednesday fans.  I have not come across anyone who is ultra optimistic with the new set up or management team, I think we all have our doubts simply because CC is unknown completely and MC is hardly an inspiring choice.  I think the new set up is the way to go but it remains to see if we have the right personnel in place for it to work straight away.

But I for one am quite excited by what is happening even if the faces are unknown.  For years we have done essentially the same few things, either appoint an ex-player as manager or bring in one that had had some success but also some failure and then give them full reign over the whole playing side of the club.  This new set up is different, its a change from what we know and that naturally worries us, but it has been shown to work with other clubs and after so many failed attempts to get back to where we want to be I am prepared to try something new.
**Personal opinion alert*
I am fully behind this new structure we seem to be putting into place, maybe the choice of personnel isn't what we expected,but I am willing to give it a season to see how it all pans out, after all NOTHING could be as dire as last seasons home form ...could it ???
It at least shows forward thinking from our chairman and maybe , just maybe it will all work out, after all what's one more season after the dross of the last 15/20 years
#thefutureisblueandwhite
Imre varadi and BottesfordOwl like this post
Neighbourhood Neanderthal knuckledragger
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed