Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
I hope I'm just being impatient and this whole thing isn't going to be a massive disappointment
Think fans have to adjust to the DC style which is very different to the MM style.

MM was very open with fans to court popularity whereas DC is secretive, preferring to keep everything under wraps until everything is completed. There won't be releases of who we are going for. MM's releases satisfied fans but often cost us the deal. DC appears not to be one to indulge the fans but gets the job done professionally.
Washington and Imre varadi like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(20-06-2015, 17:55)madsteve Wrote: Think fans have to adjust to the DC style which is very different to the MM style.

MM was very open with fans to court popularity whereas DC is secretive, preferring to keep everything under wraps until everything is completed. There won't be releases of who we are going for. MM's releases satisfied fans but often cost us the deal. DC appears not to be one to indulge the fans but gets the job done professionally.

MM was selectively open. Let us believe we were pushing for promotion to boost sales and then told us we were sticking within FFP and had to operate one in one out.

I'd rather no one told us owt and then we have no expectations
madsteve likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(20-06-2015, 18:01)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote:
(20-06-2015, 17:55)madsteve Wrote: Think fans have to adjust to the DC style which is very different to the MM style.

MM was selectively open. Let us believe we were pushing for promotion to boost sales and then told us we were sticking within FFP and had to operate one in one out.

I'd rather no one told us owt and then we have no expectations

MM was a master of saying what was needed to keep fans on side. He always made big statements when STs went on sale and often flagged up that we were after signings (which rarely materialised).

DC will keep quiet but many fans are now moaning. 
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
let em moan. If they need false promises to persuade them to go to football then we can do without them
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
It's the lack of movement that's frustrating people. It will have absolutely no impact on the ST holders or regular attenders
Statesideowl and madsteve like this post
(21-06-2015, 04:52)consilio Wrote: It's the lack of movement that's frustrating people.  It will have absolutely no impact on the ST holders or regular attenders

Most of the internet moaners rarely go to matches.
Not that old chestnut MS!

Many of us do what we can.

However, were I ( for example) in England and I sat on the internet moaning instead of going to a game, I'd completely understand your point.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I sit on the internet moaning and go to the games.
Maddix likes this post
internal fight starting !!! good this place needs waking up !!! feght feght feght !!!!
Thurnscoe_OWL and consilio like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed