Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(10-06-2015, 14:29)Imre varadi Wrote: Antonio plays for forest !! the end !! its like saying we should bring back palmer varadi chapman and zico from leeds at the time they went ? when theyve gone theyve gone the end !!

All those players left well after their best. Antonio is just 25 so has his best days ahead of him.

While BM10 may be a good signing, Antonio would be an even better signing.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Don't disagree with anything you say MS, but we were a club in a different financial position this time last season and whether hindsight proves it was a bad move, it was the only move available to get May in.

If it was possible to get Antonio back, then I would be happy to do so, but as you say thats very unlikely, so we have to look forward not back and find the right combination of players to at least try to replace that production. BM10 would be a decent start in that search and would provide much better service than what we did last season, then its a matter of finding the right strikers, either from the 4 we currently have or by bringing in one or two new ones, to benefit from that service. If we do that successfully, the Antonio deal will fade away as ultimately not a great move but one the circumstances required.
I wouldn't go back for Antonio and I wouldn't pay over the odds for Marshall.
What is considered paying over the odds for Marshall these days?? I would pay over the odds for anyone as long as its the right guy to be bringing in, especially as its not my money!! But if paying over thee odds for one player means we cannot get others due to budget restrictions, then yes I agree we should pay over the odds for him.

I suppose its all down to what DC is prepared to spend to get the club into the prem. If we pay say 5m for BM10 and he scores the winning goal that gets us promoted then none of us will care if we paid over the odds or not.
There are better players out there. £2m tops
(11-06-2015, 04:40)consilio Wrote: There are better players out there. £2m tops

Who would you like to see us bring in?  Genuine question, I am not as well up on other teams players as you guys so would be interested in who you think we should go for.  Its funny looking at other sites with the names they are saying we are in for, so would be interested in some realistic target predictions!!
BM10 is unproven at this level. He has only been average at Blackburn even with them having two top strikers. He is well behind Antonio in terms of chances created, assists & goals. If that is what we want then Antonio is the man we should sign. I do think BM10 is a good player & better than what we have but his best spells have been playing with Madine so it would be odd to sign him just after releasing Madine.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Antonio wont be coming back.

BM10 stats last season, 6 goals and 7 assists from 47 apps.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(11-06-2015, 13:17)Owlkev71 Wrote: Antonio wont be coming back.

BM10 stats last season, 6 goals and 7 assists from 47 apps.

As I said, way down on Antonio's stats.

Antonio might come back when SG is sacked.
I have turned Themaclad's Gray sacked thread into a new manager thread, lets leave this one for player transfers and have one dedicated to the search for a new manager.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed