Thread Rating:
The Play-offs Thread
Southend finished 5th in League 2, below Wycombe who they beat in the playoff final.
(27-05-2015, 02:23)Imre varadi Wrote: The playoffs is a load of facking wank !!! bring back the old format before it turns into a Fifa circus !!!

No chance of that happening!!  For starters too much money is generated by the playoff games themselves and by the fact that more teams have something to play for longer into the season.
The Playoffs are the best thing to happen in football since three points for a win.

Apart from generating a lot of money and creating a great climax to the season, they maintain interest during the season for so many sides that would have nothing to play for in the final three months of the season under the old system. It is totally part of football now. Two years ago they asked every manager if they would prefer to go back to the old system without the Playoffs and only one manager was in favour - Sheff Utd. Surprise, Surprise!

Managers want it, football needs it & fans love it. While there is much in football that needs reviewing, the Playoffs is not one of them.
Owlkev71 and St Charles Owl like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I didn't agree with them initially but it's hard to see them being scrapped now.

Unless United try a court case Whistle
and complicated
(27-05-2015, 10:50)Maddix Wrote: I didn't agree with them initially but it's hard to see them being scrapped now.

Unless United try a court case  Whistle

I think initially a lot of people saw them as unfair. Now pretty much everyone sees them as a brilliant addition to football.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »