Thread Rating:
The Play-offs Thread
Surprised at Swindon for not showing up.

Hull for the mini yorky derby. To be honest I've never disliked, or liked Hull.

I just switched over to the Manure game a minute before the Fellaini challenge, it was nasty. he didn't even contest the decision either. his challenge was malicious.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Yes, the had been going at each other for a couple of minutes but that was as close to deliberate you get from a player.

4-0 to Preston, Beckford hat trick, game over!!
Swindon were poor against United twice but United made them look ok. The top three were head & shoulders above the rest.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Had a great day in Blackpool Thumb up expensive Angry but who cares ? Confused Loads of OT in the off season Wink

How did PEI's team get on in the play off final ? I hope they did well Smile

Oh Doh wait a minute Cool
and complicated
norwich apparently dominating

they were 2 up after 15 min
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Yes, they are playing well, and easily in control. Boro haven't really had a decent chance yet.
Just read that our porcine neighbours,who failed in the play offs again, have sacked their manager.
You have to love them for all the laughs they keep sending us.
consilio likes this post
Nothing changes,again.
As an aside to the jocularity Whistle is this the first time that the play off finalists in all divisions (including the Conference) have been the two highest placed teams with the highest placed team also winning ? I can't recall it happening before. Come on MS Thumb up give us the heads up Thumb up
and complicated
Teams missing out on automatic promotion by one place have always been most likely to win the Playoffs over any reasonable period.

I bet on Norwich, Preston & Southend as an accumulator at 42/1 so more than happy with that.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I get that MS Thumb up but I still can't recall the finals of all of them being played between 3 v 4 in the Championship and League 1, 4 v 5 in L2 and 2 v 3 in the Conference in the same season Confused and the winner being the highest placed team too Thumb up

It harks back to the days before the play offs Cool when promotion depended on where you finished in the league table Whistle
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »