Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Maguire can go for me, decent squad player but as you say way too inconsistent prone to just disappearing from games!! Kirlkand needs to move on now anyway. Loovens we could replace but him and Lees did seem to work well together. Lee would be a loss, but again I think we could do better. The thing for me is we are heading for bringing in as many as a dozen new players, getting them to gel might be an issue at the start of the season, so hopefully they can get the bulk in quickly so that pre-season can actually be useful!!
If they are dithering, give them a date and then tell them to f uck off once it's expired  Cool

and shoot the agents  Whistle

(21-05-2015, 21:15)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Maguire off to Bolton as well if you believe twitter.

He can hold Hayden White's hand on the bench then  Laugh

As long as we can keep our top players, like leading scorer Atdhe, I don't care  Cool
Thurnscoe_OWL and Washington like this post
and complicated
(21-05-2015, 23:00)Maddix Wrote: If they are dithering, give them a date and then tell them to f uck off once it's expired  Cool

and shoot the agents  Whistle

I wonder if the club has done that and they have rejected the deals and been given permission to talk to other clubs.  We have to become a bit more ruthless with contracts now, waiting half the summer for someone to sign doesn't help us create a whole new team, either sign or move on!!
(21-05-2015, 21:32)consilio Wrote: Maguire would be no loss.  Massively inconsistent.

I really hope we can tie up deals for Loovens, Semedo and Lee.

Kirkland is overpaid for a no.2

I have it on good authority that the Afobe deal could end up costing Wolves £4m over time depending on promotions etc.

According to the local paper here (Wolverhampton Star), Afobe initially cost close to £500k but could cost the club £2m if they get promoted to the PL within three years. Think we could have afforded that in January as we brought in four other players.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(22-05-2015, 01:00)madsteve Wrote:
(21-05-2015, 21:32)consilio Wrote: Maguire would be no loss.  Massively inconsistent.

I really hope we can tie up deals for Loovens, Semedo and Lee.

Kirkland is overpaid for a no.2

I have it on good authority that the Afobe deal could end up costing Wolves £4m over time depending on promotions etc.

According to the local paper here (Wolverhampton Star), Afobe initially cost close to £500k but could cost the club £2m if they get promoted to the PL within three years. Think we could have afforded that in January as we brought in four other players.

Maybe, but I don't think MM or DC were going to sanction any transfer fees being paid out before all the FL ratification process had gone through.  The takeover was just a little late for the January window to be truly productive, but thats the way it goes!!
consilio likes this post
Just seen the sad news that one of the Blunts best ever players, Alan Woodward, has passed away at his home in America. He was either 71 or 72. When I started going to football he was certainly one of the stars for them and by all accounts a good man as well.
A57owl, Was Wereham Owl, BottesfordOwl And 2 others like this post
According to a couple of reports we have missed out on Jed Walllace, 22, from Portsmouth. He has signed for Wolves.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Worrying if we can't attract top prospects with our improved wage budget. Why is he signing for Wolves who most likely cannot offer him as much money?

Maybe young players don't see us as a big team any more.

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/...p?a=400540
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Wolves get millions in parachute payments. They can and will pay more on wages than we do
consilio likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Madine's just jiving due to how things panned out.

Am I correct in recalling that immediately after his release, he filmed himself speeding in his car through road works??

He can say he's 'changed' all day long. Nile Ranger even donned a nice little T-Shirt that said " I'm a changed man" A month later he was kicking doors in..

He's had a couple of chances with us to change his ways. But, now he's ready?? On yer bike with it..
consilio likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed