Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(20-05-2015, 20:09)consilio Wrote: Good riddance to Madine.

We need a poacher, Bus or May could be that player.

Lavery is perfect out wide in a front three.  

Nuhiu had his uses.  He's a decent option from the bench.

Afobe didn't perform at Hillsborough.  Remember Agbonlahor?

I think the new owners potential investment on players is being massively overhyped.

Magugan and two wide players should Grays main targets

Madine is a poacher but ten league starts in three seasons hardly gave him a chance to prove it at this level. Let's hope this one doesn't show SG's incompetence. He is gone so we make do with what we have.

Bus & May could be the real deal but won't flourish under SG's rigid tactics.

Nuhiu isn't good enough to start & is no game changer from the bench yet SG says that we will see the best of Nuhiu next season. God help us.

Afobe looked good to me but was restricted by SG using him as a winger. When he played up front at Reading, he looked brilliant. Sadly this shows that SG has no eye for a player but I guess he will be sacked by October.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Afobe had 2 starts for us and scored 2 goals. We should have gambled on him and then we could have been pushing for at least PO.

That's in the past though and we can't change it. Let's hope this season we learn from our mistakes
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I ALWAYS back the clubs judgement on young players Thumb up

BTW, Jamie Vardy is in the England squad Whistle

Cool
Thurnscoe_OWL likes this post
and complicated
(21-05-2015, 12:44)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Afobe had 2 starts for us and scored 2 goals. We should have gambled on him and then we could have been pushing for at least PO.

That's in the past though and we can't change it. Let's hope this season we learn from our mistakes

It was obvious to me & all my Wednesday friends that Afobe was quality.

He was returning from a bad injury and was usually played out of position by SG but when he got the chance to start up front at Reading, he tore them apart. After that, SG returned him to the wing, where he was less comfortable in ten minute cameos.

I could see as clear as light that hw could score a lot more goals at this level than any striker that we owned.

Sadly SG' preferred May, who got about 30 goals less. 
Statesideowl and Owlkev71 like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I think Kev posted a list of free agents.

There were a couple of names, though my memory is for shit Big Grin

I'd take Bent on a free, proven goal scorer.

Damian Martinez, and offload Kirkland

We all want Barry back.

I'd take a punt on Eagles, 12 mnth contract. I think he's a decent winger capable of whipping in a good cross

Another like Gutierrez in midfield would be good imo.

Sammy Ameobi? young winger needs to break in to regular football.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
The list was for the Premier League, not seen one for the Championship yet.

Actually try this:

https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/...mmer-2015/
Statesideowl and Towinjustonce like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Theree's a few there too...

Absolutely no reason why we can't build a strong squad for the new campaign. With a competitive wage budget, along with the new buzz around Hillsborough.
We should be starting to look like ( and if not make ourselves) a boat sailing to the Prem in the players eyes. Make them want to come to us, to play for us and be part of an exciting revival at S6.
No reason to sign any cling-on's and the only veterans we need to sign are the ones whom still have something left in them. A mixture of experience and youth could just be the tonic IMO.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
New home kit to be revealed on 1st June, away kit on 19 July.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I hope its not unsightly, Kev.

Just seen the article about the new big screen... 60m2. And one of the biggest in the FL.

However, it looks like we're keeping that tired old shoebox underneath called "Stadium Control" is that not being updated?
That control box is horrible. plus its on just about every article regarding the disaster!!! Either get rid of it or at least make it look different somehow!!!

Is there any truth to the stories regarding the new cladding on the back of the West Stand, again, making that stand just look different from the outside is well overdue!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed