Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(15-05-2015, 16:07)peiowl Wrote: "Isn't it a shame that the blades aren't going to be promoted?" Huh

"When ffs is a Canadian team going to win the Stanley Cup?" Angry

"Have the Jays really got the starting pitching to get into the playoffs?" Huh

"I think peiowl really had a point about that ("N" word here) guy. Sorry, I said that Maddix. Dint mean it really. Please forgive. Heart

AND

"Why do all the decent birds on Corrie St go out with total losers -e.g. Sarah and Callum; Tina (RIP) and Peter, etc etc.?" Doh

Maybe..someday................. Whistle Whistle Whistle

Sorry Pei, you won't find me ever wanting the blunts to be promoted!!!

Blackhawks all the way for me!!!  Canadian teams need to stop thinking they have a divine right to win the Stanley Cup and concentrate on actually deserving to be there!!  Still enjoy watching Subban play though!!!

The Jays starting pitchers have a combined ERA well over the 4.00 mark, unfortunately that is going to have to improve dramatically if they want to win anything!!  They rank 28th out of 30 in pitching stats, that will kill them!!

You did have a point about the "N" guy, but it was pretty much the same point as the rest of us had!!  I will be disappointed if we see much of him next season, we have to do better with the ones we have and we need to buy at least one outstanding striker!!

Like Stateside, haven't watch Corrie in 15 years!!
Part of being a Wednesday fan, is seeing United & Leeds failing.

Personally not bothered about anyone else so kind of like to see other Yorkshire teams doing well.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Without falling out again PEI Whistle at no point did I say Nuhiu was any good. Mine, and Thurny's point, was always that he was the 'best' of a bad bunch Doh
and complicated
The grunters nearly came close to glory in 1972 Thumb up Unfortunately they lost the Watney Cup final 7-6 on penalties to Bristol Rovers, which happened to be a 1st v 3rd division tie at the time Whistle A sign of things to come Huh
and complicated
(15-05-2015, 17:32)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(15-05-2015, 16:07)peiowl Wrote: "Isn't it a shame that the blades aren't going to be promoted?" Huh

"When ffs is a Canadian team going to win the Stanley Cup?" Angry

"Have the Jays really got the starting pitching to get into the playoffs?" Huh

"I think peiowl really had a point about that ("N" word here) guy. Sorry, I said that Maddix. Dint mean it really. Please forgive. Heart

AND

"Why do all the decent birds on Corrie St go out with total losers -e.g. Sarah and Callum; Tina (RIP) and Peter, etc etc.?" Doh

Maybe..someday................. Whistle Whistle Whistle

Sorry Pei, you won't find me ever wanting the blunts to be promoted!!!

Blackhawks all the way for me!!!  Canadian teams need to stop thinking they have a divine right to win the Stanley Cup and concentrate on actually deserving to be there!!  Still enjoy watching Subban play though!!!

The Jays starting pitchers have a combined ERA well over the 4.00 mark, unfortunately that is going to have to improve dramatically if they want to win anything!!  They rank 28th out of 30 in pitching stats, that will kill them!!

You did have a point about the "N" guy, but it was pretty much the same point as the rest of us had!!  I will be disappointed if we see much of him next season, we have to do better with the ones we have and we need to buy at least one outstanding striker!!

Like Stateside, haven't watch Corrie in 15 years!!

Last time a Canadian team won the SC was '93, 22y back...Montreal Canadiens, of course, so "divine right" seems to have deserted us. But, I have to say that the Habs didn't deserve to win against Tampa Bay. Relied far too much on their ace goaltender Corey Price and didn't have clinical finishing in front of goal. Now, which football team does that remind you of? I'll probably hope Chicago wins now mainly because a buddy of mine who has had a stroke (in his 30s!!) follows them and I like to see him happy.

Don't think the Jays will be in the mix again this yr but it's early days yet.

now, Maddix, I never mentioned the "N" guy's name. I'm trying not to. It's like abortion, religion, or sex --a topic to avoid in polite company. Everyone seems to agree that we need a striker who scores goals next yr. Who will it be? Alf?
"God Save the King."
For me thats one of the key signings we need to make. As we stand we know what Nuhiu offers, have a decent idea about May & Lavery and know very little about Bus. Question is can we rely on any of them getting us 20+ goals and for me the answer has to be no. So we need to find that guy and then find the partnership from the others that works best.

Personally I would still go after Jordan Rhodes, we can afford his wages and probably the transfer fee but it all depends on how much DC is going to spend this summer. As we stand we don't have to worry about FFP as it seems QPR are going to blow that to pieces and set a precedent for getting off without a fine!!!
As it stands, Nuhiu is way short of the standard needed, Lavery might be there in a year, May might be good enough if we play to his strengths and we have no idea with Bus.

We cannot run with 5 or 6 strikers so need to unload at least one. To release May, Lavery or Bus makes no sense so Nuhiu has to go. This is unlikely as SG says that we will see the best of Nuhiu next season. Hope it on a TV highlights show playing for Chesterfield.
Owlkev71 and peiowl like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I think we could manage with 6 strikers.
ATM I think we need one proven striker and we'll be good up there.
We desperately need 2 wingers, a cm and cb
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I agree with MS. I think May, Lavery & Bus should be given a chance to play alongside a proven striker. "N" should be sent out on loan to a L1 or L2 team, where he might just be able to help them. In Jan., one of the other 3 playing alongside the proven striker (assuming he still delivers for us, which can't always be taken for granted) should be farmed out.

But, I also think all of the above is wishful thinking because as MS says, SG has high hopes for the "N" guy.
"God Save the King."
Nuhiu and May should be bench warmers at best judging on this season
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed