Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(12-05-2015, 21:48)Imre varadi Wrote: cunningham and whitingham where also shit maddix !!!

And FFS don't bring in any bad boys like Curran, Varadi  and Sheridan  Doh
and complicated
First official confirmation that we are indeed getting a Desso pitch.

http://www.player.swfc.co.uk/latest-news...le/4710777

Terry Curran and Imre Varadi were 24 when they joined us and John Sheridan was 25, for me that is the age of player we need to be looking at. Sheridan had played 230 games before joing us, Curran had 170 under his belt and Varadi was at 120. That is quality players with good experience, that is what we will need. The experience in our squad will come from the likes of Westwood, Loovens and Semedo, add maybe one or two other "veterans" to the squad and the rest can be younger players willing to learn from them.
The point I was making about those three was that they all came with 'baggage', not their ages Whistle
and complicated
The two biggest things that we need to address compared to last season are:

1) More flexible tactics - other managers find us easy to play because we only have two in CM so by playing three in CM, teams can dominate possession against us

2) Pace throughout the side - we lack pace, most noticeably up front. We need a player like Antonio. It is not just the 25 goals & assists, it is the fear of pace that forces teams to defend deeper that creates more & better opportunities for other players. Also, we lack pace at CB. While Lees & Loovens worked well together, they we often vulnerable to pacy strikers & relied on Westwood to bale them out.

Maybe playing 352 would help both our problems by playing a pacy CB alongside Lees & Loovens.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I have always liked the 352 formation. We have the perfect wing backs for it in Helan and Palmer who both are possibly better going forward than defending and I prefer to see two strikers being played rather than just one. Not sure SG will do it but I was happy to see him tinker with the formation more in our final games than he had all season, and we got some decent results from it as well. If we accept that SG is going no where at the moment, then I would like to see an upgrade in our coaching staff, with the priority being an attack minded coach to take charge of the attacking players and situations such as set pieces etc.

(13-05-2015, 07:30)Maddix Wrote: The point I was making about those three was that they all came with 'baggage', not their ages  Whistle

Yes, I know you were, just thought it was interesting to see their ages and experience when they signed for us.  Without looking I would have said Sheridan was much older than 25 when he came to us, as I would have said with TC as well!!
Adam Pearson has been talking about why he left us for L**ds

Adam Pearson says controversial Leeds owner Massimo Cellino persuaded him to swap Sheffield Wednesday for their Yorkshire neighbours.

The former Hull FC owner was brought in by Owls owner Dejphon Chansiri on April 20 to work alongside Glenn Roeder and head coach Stuart Gray as part of their new sporting structure.

Pearson’s duties included advising Chansiri on business strategies, dealing with agents and rvals clubs regarding transfers.

But following discussions with Whites chairman Massimo Cellino over the weekend, Pearson decided to take up the role of executive director at Elland Road on Monday night.

“I was part of the committee advising the chairman, but once the owner at Leeds got in touch, this is where my heart lies and I would love to help out here and assist in rebuilding the club and putting it back in the Premier League,” who served as commercial director at Leeds in 2001.

Chansiri has wished Pearson well for the future, insisting he holds no grudges over his shock departure.

“These things happen in every line of business and football is no different,” he said.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(12-05-2015, 21:59)Maddix Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 21:48)Imre varadi Wrote: cunningham and whitingham where also shit maddix !!!

And FFS don't bring in any bad boys like Curran, Varadi  and Sheridan  Doh

Not forgetting Madden and Anderson!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
what about bad boys like Bothroyd and Ranger? are these allowed? Whistle
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(13-05-2015, 08:02)St Charles Owl Wrote: I have always liked the 352 formation.  We have the perfect wing backs for it in Helan and Palmer who both are possibly better going forward than defending and I prefer to see two strikers being played rather than just one.  Not sure SG will do it but I was happy to see him tinker with the formation more in our final games than he had all season, and we got some decent results from it as well.  If we accept that SG is going no where at the moment, then I would like to see an upgrade in our coaching staff, with the priority being an attack minded coach to take charge of the attacking players and situations such as set pieces etc.

(13-05-2015, 07:30)Maddix Wrote: The point I was making about those three was that they all came with 'baggage', not their ages  Whistle

Yes, I know you were, just thought it was interesting to see their ages and experience when they signed for us.  Without looking I would have said Sheridan was much older than 25 when he came to us, as I would have said with TC as well!!

He played 451 against a couple of the top teams & we got draws. That is pretty much DJ's tactics.

It is a quantum leap to expect SG to play 352.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I agree that May should be given a chance next year. Do you?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-wed...-1-7257418
"God Save the King."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed