Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Mattock was our best LB.
I'm thinking that Mattock has become fed up with being stuck behind Helan and has something else lined up which is fair enough for him but I don't want players here who expect to walk into the squad without putting up a fight. Could be that the committee has taken the same stance

and yes, any player we bring in should be better than those we have kept.

This announcement has certainly raised my hopes and expectations
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(05-05-2015, 18:16)madsteve Wrote: SG has said repeatedly that Mattock is the best LB at the Club.

This suggests that he didn't have a final say in who was released. Maybe we have Patrice Evra lined up.

Hopefully Dolphin is being canny and provoking SG to fall on his sword rather than paying him off  Cool

New manager next week  Thumb up You heard it here first  Whistle
and complicated
I am delighted with all the players we have released....None of them are good enough for what we want and are after now.... and this is the point we are after promotion !!! They proved it themselves in the last half of the season after we got bought out and it was stated we were after PL football, they never pushed on. If Mattock or whoever were that good they would be in promotion fighting teams already. We would have taken any money for these players when they were in contract. Any of the other players in contract if a bid came in I would move on. Hopefully Lee and Loovens stay on, along with Westwood, Lees, Palmer, Bus, May, Lavery, Melo, Hutch and Vermijl.

AS for SG maybe he is still involved becasue the fella we want is still in a job and we have to wait till he finishes that role, thats what I hope. If SG is not happy with whats happening then he knows what he has to do.

Feck ye Maddix you got in there before me re: SG Thumb up Thumb up
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
(05-05-2015, 21:18)Towinjustonce Wrote: Feck ye Maddix you got in there before me re: SG Thumb up Thumb up

I usually do  Thumb up can't stand sloppy seconds  Whistle
Towinjustonce, Thurnscoe_OWL, Washington like this post
and complicated
(05-05-2015, 18:25)Owlkev71 Wrote: McGuire stated recently that he would like to stay, so he will probably sign if the money is good enough.
From all the 'interview stuff' on NewsNow for the last month  the SG love child has been angling for a new deal at every opportunity

(05-05-2015, 21:27)Maddix Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 21:18)Towinjustonce Wrote: Feck ye Maddix you got in there before me re: SG Thumb up Thumb up

I usually do  Thumb up can't stand sloppy seconds  Whistle

There's another alternate reply to that too  that involves S2 but I don't want to be banned before the new season starts. Whistle Whistle
This is much better than that Champions League crap that the rest of the plastic football fans are salivating over at the moment Thumb up Dear God, you should read some of the sycophantic comments on the Beeb Doh

One team Thumb up one team only and f uck the rest is how it should be Cool That's proper support Thumb up
and complicated
(05-05-2015, 22:45)Imre varadi Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 17:31)St Charles Owl Wrote: Slightly surprised that Mattock is on that list.  I assume we will be offering Maguire, Loovens, Semedo and Kirkland one year deals so there is every chance they will reject them and take their chances on the open market.  Lee I think is worth at least a 2 year deal, hopefully he signs it.

So if you add in Isgrove, McGugan and Keane to the 11 released we have let 14 players go, figure that probably two or three of the others may reject the deals offere then it could be as high as 17 released players.  The new committee is going to be very, very busy this summer!!

spelling mistake !! please find more English friends !!

Chaz, stateside and myself can start leaving out 'u''s, replacing s's with z's (as in zees not zeds) and t's with d's as in iced wader.  Maybe we can fool the other mods by using code Smartass Smartass
Statesideowl likes this post
(06-05-2015, 00:20)Washington Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 22:45)Imre varadi Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 17:31)St Charles Owl Wrote: Slightly surprised that Mattock is on that list.  I assume we will be offering Maguire, Loovens, Semedo and Kirkland one year deals so there is every chance they will reject them and take their chances on the open market.  Lee I think is worth at least a 2 year deal, hopefully he signs it.

So if you add in Isgrove, McGugan and Keane to the 11 released we have let 14 players go, figure that probably two or three of the others may reject the deals offere then it could be as high as 17 released players.  The new committee is going to be very, very busy this summer!!

spelling mistake !! please find more English friends !!

Chaz, stateside and myself can start leaving out 'u''s, replacing s's with z's (as in zees not zeds) and t's with d's as in iced wader.  Maybe we can fool the other mods by using code Smartass Smartass

Sad thing is I am so tuned into the American way I can't even see the spelling mistake (aside from the missing d on offered, but thats just bad typing)!!! Doh
Anyone know how many season tickets we have sold so far for next season and how many we sold this season?? I wonder if DC has made a strategic error in raising the prices as much as he did even with all the hype of the turnover.
We sold 11,700 by the EB deadline date.

Last season, we had just short of 16,000 STs.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed