Thread Rating:
Match Thread - Watford
http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/05/05/an...ion-party/

This is an interesting neutral view of the match. Our fans get great praise although the team gets hammered.
Imre varadi and Statesideowl like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Wouldn't mind Warburton, Robinson (not likely) or Hasselbaink
Not followed much of Shrewsbury so obviously no nothing of Canteloupe Laugh
Robinson will stay at franchise and will do a Bournemouth with them.
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(05-05-2015, 14:00)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Wouldn't mind Warburton, Robinson (not likely) or Hasselbaink
Not followed much of Shrewsbury so obviously no nothing of Canteloupe Laugh
Robinson will stay at franchise and will do a Bournemouth with them.

Bit of a chance with Robinson. He may feel that he has achieved the most he can at MK & will be a struggle for him there next season.

Depends on if DC can sell him ambition.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
"Worse than a sunday league football team at playing the offside trap" Big Grin

Watfords manager whining after the game about how the ref got it wrong, doesn't seem to realize the ref also robbed us of a possible winning goal.. Tw@
Washington and Maddix like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(05-05-2015, 10:03)madsteve Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 20:54)St Charles Owl Wrote: MS, I don't disagree but who is the best coach if its not SG??  Names such as Mark Warburton or Paul Lambert have been mentioned but how do we know they are the right ones either??  Any managerial appointment is a risk whoever you are, most of the time its about financial backing, which we now have so who knows if SG will be better or worse than others?  We as a club are in unchartered waters for us, mistakes will be made, for me its about getting results with the new signings we should now be able to make and if SG does that then great, if not get rid.  I ma not advocating writing off next season, I just don't think DC is going to make a change between now and the start of next season anyway.

Who is the right man isn't 100% clear. What is 100% clear is that it isn't SG.

What is the point in spending money on getting the best crew if you don't have the best captain. We need to be looking for the next Eddie Howe, a bright intelligent thinker.

Mark Warburton has had two great seasons at Brentford. He is an intelligent bright thinker, so much so that even Glenn Hoddle was surprised at his ideas in a football debate.

Nicky Mellon has turned Shrewsbury around in one season. He has tightened up their defence, only conceding 31 goals but still scoring 67 goals so getting promoted on 89 points.

Jimi Floyd Hasselbaink has continued where Gary Rowett left off at Burton and led them to promotion.

Karl Robinson has finally led MK Dons to promotion despite having to sell his best player each season. His reputation for improving young players means that he often gets the best loan players from top clubs.

There are four names to start with, all of whom might lead us to promotion. They might not. SG definately won't. I see little point is wasting a big chunk of the kitty on SG's choices of players when he will be sacked in September with the money spent & another season already in tatters.

Now you know I am now playing devil's advocate, but surely the whole point of this committee we have set up is so the manager is not making all the decisions as to who we buy, but is only one part of the decision making process.  Under our new regime we are no longer giving SG a ton of money to spend, we are actually going to be spending a ton of money on the players the committee wants and then telling SG to go work with them and turn them into a promotion winning team.  If he is unable to do that, we get rid and we bring in a manager who we think can turn the players into a promotion winning team. 

The fact that SG saiys he hasn't sat down with the owner or committee may actually be a big sign that he is going to be less involved than maybe he thought, or even not in a job at all!! 
he's meeting them this week to talk through who he wants and what positions to prioritise.

I assume the committee then run through the list, see if they can get them or get alternatives for SG to work with
I think the job will be shared.

Adam Pearson will deal with the financial aspects & contracts.

Paul Senior will deal with overseas deals, scouting & player acquisition

Glenn Roeder will deal with UK deals, tactics & team selection

SG will put out cones & hand out bibs.
Washington, Towinjustonce, Maddix like this post
roeder won't be picking any team or tactics. He's already said in an interview when he signed that he has no interest in management or coaching again
(05-05-2015, 20:30)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: roeder won't be picking any team or tactics. He's already said in an interview when he signed that he has no interest in management or coaching again

Or was just being Politically Correct on steroids at the time the committee announcement was made. Smartass

(05-05-2015, 15:45)Statesideowl Wrote: "Worse than a sunday league football team at playing the offside trap" Big Grin

Watfords manager whining after the game about how the ref got it wrong, doesn't seem to realize the ref also robbed us of a possible winning goal.. Tw@

The team and coaches obviously forgot to watch and learn from the game footage of the Hillsbrough game which was the one I was back for last year. Same thing happened then but the linesman helped a lot since they were busy watching the game and always 5-10 yds behind the line of play !!
I was thinking that too Wash Thumb up A tad naive on Thurnys behalf Doh

Can't wait for him to start work in the real world, have all his ambitions shot to shit and then realise that people lie like f uck when it suits them Thumb up

Thurny that is, not Roeder Laugh
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »