Thread Rating:
Match Thread - Watford
So its MK Dons who get seocnd place, Preston now play Chezzie, with Swindon v Blunts as the other playoff semi. Can either Preston or the Blunts finally get up through the playoffs??
Darren Potter scored for MK Big Grin 101 goals scored for MK this season Total, can you imagine?

So, that's wrapped up then. Next season Coke etc will be playing for MK in the Champ Big Grin
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
God I am rough today.
Pleased footballs done until August, can give my liver a rest
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Had a great day out! Drinking in St Albans, then celebrating like crazy to the equaliser! Then drinking in Ripley on the way home.
JUST SAYING LIKE!
(01-05-2015, 22:01)Maddix Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 21:40)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Can't claim when you're a student.

So next summer I'll sleep about a bit and get myself up the duff then my future is sorted.

Maybe I'll fit in a bit more round thurnscoe Whistle

Slag  Cool

Is PEI still dead  Huh

Is the Pope dead? I'm in Nova Scotia trying to get people to buy my book. I've tried  knuckle dusters but the bookstore owner said I have to be more tactful.  Doh Anyhow I've had time to reflect on things and this is how i see it.
* Nuhiu is a donkey
*Montreal Canadiens have to score goals or bloody tampa bay will beat them in Stanley Cup.
*Toronto blue jays starting pitching is letting them down.
*Nuhiu is no good.

There. How, s that for astute thinking?  Whistle
Imre varadi likes this post
"God Save the King."
Hes brilliant. Scored against top of the table yesterday if you hadn't noticed Whistle
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(03-05-2015, 15:12)Imre varadi Wrote: mk donuts will do well aswell due to the fact that they have money aswell !!! although we have nothing to fear with them as our record against them is second to none !!!

MK Dons have money?

No-one told the manager because he had to sell players again last summer. He has a good eye for a player though & he will be a PL manager eventually although unlikely to be at MK Dons.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
How do you judge this one?

I said five matches ago that I wasn't bothered about results so would judge things on performances & SG's invention.

By those guide lines, we were terrible.

SG sent us out to defend. We showed no invention in the first half. We were 1-0 down & probably deserved to be 3-0 down.

In the second half (as so often happens), we did better. It probably had more to do with Watford getting edgy but we finally had a shot after an hour. Nowhere near the goal but it was a shot.

Kirkland was undoubtedly our star. Then when all seemed lost, Nuhui miss hit a shot from eight yards. It went into the ground then bounced into the roof of the net. After that, Kirkland saved again but from the corner, Isgrove burst clear with an empty net at his mercy but the referee blew for time as there were already fans on the pitch.

On the other hand, we drew away to a promoted side. So some might offer praise for a good result.

Kirkland - 8
Vermijl - 5
Lees - 5
Buxton - 5
Helan - 5
Maguire - 5
Semedo - 6
Melo - 6
Lee - 5
Lavery - 5
Keane - 5
Nuhiu - 5
May - 5
Isgrove - 6

What did we learn?

SG cannot get us going from the first minute. We are good at keeping it tight and can get a draw against a lot of sides. We lack imagination to win enough matches. We are durable and have an ability to hang in matches so can get a lot of draws and maybe steal a 1-0.

While some might be fooled by the result, our whole performance was insipid and the first half was a disgrace. If we continue with these tactics next season then we will probably be mid table again. If we want to challenge for promotion, there has to be a total change of mindset. We have to go for the win in every match and play more adventurous tactics, maybe even ones that surprise the opposition.

We have beaten the points total achieved by DJ two years ago by two points. He was castigated for that yet now with a 25% bigger budget some fans are happy with how SG has performed in a much weaker division. Next season will probably be tougher again. Neither of Watford or Bournemouth are that great and probably two of the relegated sides are likely to be stronger than the promoted sides. The relegated sides this season were terrible and Bristol City & MK Dons plus whoever comes up through the Playoffs will undoubtedly be better.

We need to improve to get 13th again. However, with big money likely to be spent and even decent players like Semedo & Maguire rumoured to be on their way, it appears that we are seriously putting together a group of players capable of promotion. It just needs some inventive tactics and I suspect that SG will probably only get a couple of months to show that he is the man for the job.

Finally, someone who has never let us down - the fans. Another brilliant performance. We have travelled in our numbers from Brighton to Watford and many places in between. While there have been some subdued days, generally the noise levels have been great even in adversity. There have been great performances (Boro, Forest) and great late moments (Blackburn, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Watford) but there was also great support on those not so great days (Fulham, Derby & Reading).

This is going to be a very interesting summer & we will know in the next few days the size of our ambition when we see who is leaving. No doubt fans will be glued to social media before we get back on the treadmill next August.

(03-05-2015, 22:51)Imre varadi Wrote: didnt they let sours sign a player of theres and be loaned back for millions ? maybe they arnt money bags , but they arnt poor like we where either ?

Anyway ms i would like the match ratings in stay or fcukoff style !!!

MK sold Ali for a big fee but most of that money will go towards reducing debts. He will probably get some but most of it will be clever loan signings.
Towinjustonce, Owlkev71, St Charles Owl And 2 others like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
In a generous mood then MS?? I would have expected at least a couple of 4s in your ratings from the sound of that game!! I still have serious doubts as to whether SG can take us forward but I am ok with him being given the chance to at least have a go, but the leash must be short. A good start will be essential but then we had a good start this season, so we need to see convincing results with a win at all costs attitude for him to keep his job!!
It was more a collective malaise than individual poor performances.

Tactically, SG got it wrong again, probably for about the 40th time in 46 matches.

Repeatedly, we start matches lethargically and ill prepared for what the opposition do. Is it because SG is on the pitch overseeing the warm up while the opposition manager is preparing his tactics after seeing the opposition team sheet. Fans liked it when SG was on the pitch for the warm up at first but I believe that it is now costing us points.

As I see it DC has two choices: Give SG a chance next season or go for promotion.

While we will be top ten next season with Fozzie Bear in charge, if we want to go up, we need a better quality manager.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »