Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(30-04-2015, 22:24)Towinjustonce Wrote: While it has been said that this committee is a good idea run correctly as in the case of Barcelona and I in theory agree with it.

Here is the other way the committee can go on the transfer front.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32515766

Hopefully this won't happen to us as I see with the committee nobody is held accoutable. If results go bad who gets the blame.....The committee ?? The manager/head coach ?? The players ??

It may just add another layer of safety to people in there roles.

Hopefully DC gets the right people in.

Part of the problem at Liverpool is that Rogers pretty much makes transfer decisions so he gets players like Ballotelli, which probably wouldn't happen with a proper functioning Committee.

I prefer a Board being responsible for transfers with five members with one vote each, one being the Head Coach.

If results aren't good enough, the HC gets fired & replaced.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
From what I have seen our committee will be structured where SG, coaches and scouts make their recommendations of which players they would like to bring in, and Roeder/Pearson go and get the players. I am sure that Roeder will also be recommending players as he will also have a scouting role as part of his remit. It doesn't say in the article how Liverpool have structured their committee, but contrary to what MS says (and he may be right for all I know!!) it seems to me that Rodgers is not making the decision who he wants and is having players forced on him. At the end of the day the decision who to target has to be a joint decision that includes the manager/HC as a key part of the process or else the risk of a manger getting players he doesn't rate or want thrust upon him will happen, and thats when things go sour. Whether we think SG is the man to take us forward or not, if DC is leaving him as HC then he has to be a key part of the process.
madsteve likes this post
I've (not) played under a coach who I didn't see eye to eye with and it's not nice. I'm not arguing with the committee theory but the bloke who picks the team must want to have the player or he won't get played or he will be played out of position so the coach can say "I told you so" to the committee.
St Charles Owl likes this post
and complicated
(01-05-2015, 21:33)Maddix Wrote: I've (not) played under a coach who I didn't see eye to eye with and it's not nice. I'm not arguing with the committee theory but the bloke who picks the team must want to have the player or he won't get played or he will be played out of position so the coach can say "I told you so" to the committee.

The way it works at Barcelona & Ajax is that if the HC doesn't use correctly the players selected by the Committee then the HC is sacked.

The primary job of the HC is to get the best from the players selected & if he cannot do that then he is disposable.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(01-05-2015, 23:23)madsteve Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 21:33)Maddix Wrote: I've (not) played under a coach who I didn't see eye to eye with and it's not nice. I'm not arguing with the committee theory but the bloke who picks the team must want to have the player or he won't get played or he will be played out of position so the coach can say "I told you so" to the committee.

The way it works at Barcelona & Ajax is that if the HC doesn't use correctly the players selected by the Committee then the HC is sacked.

The primary job of the HC is to get the best from the players selected & if he cannot do that then he is disposable.

Which is all good and well as long as the committee is sufficiently skilled and knowledgeable itself to make these sort of decisions.  I think in our current situation the HC needs to be a loud and important voice within the committee itself, but I would be all for them including other football experienced members on the committee as time goes by either in a full time or advisory capacity.
(02-05-2015, 00:00)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 23:23)madsteve Wrote:

Which is all good and well as long as the committee is sufficiently skilled and knowledgeable itself to make these sort of decisions.  I think in our current situation the HC needs to be a loud and important voice within the committee itself, but I would be all for them including other football experienced members on the committee as time goes by either in a full time or advisory capacity.

I would add Howard Wilkinson to chair this group plus a former player steeped in SWFC who is good on player identification. Peter Shirtliff would be my choice but Chris Waddle, Trevor Francis, Lawrie Madden or Nigel Worthington could also do the job.

My view is the HC offers a 20% voice out of five. his primary job is coaching & he accepts the overall view of the Board.

When Barcelona introduced this system they were an average team in Spain with no European pedigree. The second element that helped make them great was the introduction of the 433 playing system across all their teams from juniors upwards. This meant that the HC didn't have to think about tactics other than just adapting to suit the opposition. Also it was much easier for juniors stepping up to the first team because they knew the playing system.

One of the main advantages of this system is that when the HC is changed, you don't get a mass exodus of his players & the new HC wanting to bring his players in at great cost.

(02-05-2015, 01:26)Imre varadi Wrote: pity its not though  Doh geln **** roeder  Doh adam wtf  Doh we arnt barca yet  Whistle load off wank if you ask me  Thumb up new manager that can bring in the passion at home games like megson did last  Thumb up ex wednesday he has to be like pearson so he understands it  Thumb up win promotion then play the chess game in the premier  Doh this league only dictates you win all your home games and pick up points of confidence on the road  Thumb up it has not changed from wilkinson or bigron who blasted the **** out of it !!!! if we play silly bastards then we might be here for some time yet  Doh its simple scre the **** out off the other get a hirst or a varadi and score **** goals at home for fun  Thumb up

It took Barcelona quite a few years for the full advantages of this system to kick in. Fortunately, they had faith in the system & the team introducing it.

This division has changed a lot over the last ten years but your point still holds true that to get promotion, you need to get at least 16 home wins and average two goals per game. The big difference is that you don't need a 20 goal per season goalscorer (Hull & Cardiff got promoted recently without any player scoring ten goals) because more goals are being scored now by midfielders & defenders.

We need more goals from all areas and certainly a striker that gets 20 goals makes life a lot easier.

I hate managers that see a draw as a good result. Sorry, a draw is two points lost. If you want to win the league, you have to try to win every match. Usually the team that wins the most matches goes up. Watford have won 26 matches, Bournemouth have won 25 matches while we have won only 14 matches.

This season, the automatic promotion figure is just 88 points but in other seasons 93 points are required so we have to aim high next season.
No promotion or even a play off push next season with him in charge, mid table or worse next season unless SG goes.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(02-05-2015, 10:42)Owlkev71 Wrote: No promotion or even a play off push next season with him in charge, mid table or worse next season unless SG goes.

There is currently nothing to suggest that any change in SGs position is imminent, but it will be interesting to see how long his leash will be next season if we do not start well.
(02-05-2015, 10:42)Owlkev71 Wrote: No promotion or even a play off push next season with him in charge, mid table or worse next season unless SG goes.

A load of cash will make us top ten even with SG in charge.

Assuming SG isn't sacked now then our best chance is we lose the first six, he gets sacked & the new guy gets us up in 40 matches.
Whispers are that Kevin Nolan isn't getting a new contract at West Ham. Not sure if another Prem team will want him at 32 but I'd welcome him at S6 Thumb up
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed