Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Does anyone know if Roeder and Gray have worked at the same club before?
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(20-04-2015, 14:42)Owlkev71 Wrote: Does anyone know if Roeder and Gray have worked at the same club before?

Not aware of anything.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Not sure how I feel about it, it essentially means SG is kept on as Manager. However, it does mean the inclusion of people who know what they're doing on a level above SG. I also hoped we'd attract someone a little more 'household' but I suppose that's a bit too pie in the sky at this stage.

I'll try to reserve judgement until next season. Maybe Roeder can improve things on a footballing level, his managerial record isn't exactly great is it, fans protests and sackings after losing to little clubs
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Roeder was good on player identification & tactics but not so good on motivation so he should be fine in this role. I understand that he recommended Benteke for Villa so another one of those would be good.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
That sounds better to me MS, though SG can't motivate players either so someone will need to! Big Grin
Towinjustonce likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Sounds as though they'll be the Director of Football type people. Gray and Roeder identifying players, t'other one and Aldridge doing the negotiating

If we're sticking with SG we now need 3/4 proper coaches in around him to help with the attacking and set piece organisation

@AlanBiggs1: Chansiri says he will spend "whatever is necessary" to put #swfc in PL by 2017

[Image: tumblr_mqj09xdjZM1qff46jo1_500.gif]
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(20-04-2015, 20:39)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote:
(20-04-2015, 20:16)Kimmyowl Wrote: I hope we don't see him at all

he wants to be bench at best, and that's with injuries to the 2 new strikers we need.

4 forward/striker positions to fill really. Pecking order of 2 new un's (I hope), Lavery, Bus, May, Nuhiu

we also need 2 wingers, McGugan, ANother CAM, a CB (2/3 if we release Loovens/Zayatte/Kelhar)
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Not the young, up and coming, hungry for success, on the cusp of new tactics, training etc management team I had envisaged a new owner would want and put in place. I will hold judgement and wish the lads well but to me on the outside it looks a lot like yes men who won't push the boundaries or owner.

It's a step and hopefully in the right direction.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
(20-04-2015, 16:19)Statesideowl Wrote: That sounds better to me MS, though SG can't motivate players either so someone will need to! Big Grin

Roeder spotted Kevin Phillips in non league & signed him for Watford.
For me both these guys bring a lot of experience of English football and will provide a fresh set of eyes on everything the club does, that should be a good thing!! It does look like SG will remain in his post for the time being but I am sure the goals he is set will be expected to be achieved immediately now. Didn't like Roeder as a player but he I would be he has better contacts in the game than SG has, so lets use that as well. Surrounding SG with better coaches as well should be the next move, John Deehan is almost invisible as a coach and Bullen is a defensive coach like SG himself. Someone with a strikers background is very much needed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed