Thread Rating:
RIFC
There was me thinking it was his links to the RST that got him appointed.

Why would the NOMAD have a problem with him? Does he have a criminal record? A history of dodgy financial dealings? What?

I would imagine he is not on the board to bring his business expertise but as a fan rep. What you can only have fans who run financial institutions on the board?
The NOMAD will be asking - Who the f*ck is this walloper and why is King and Murray giving him a paid position on the board? What qualities and knowledge of the business world does he hold that can offer the necessary guidance and objective criticism that a fully functioning board requires from a NED? A fan's rep could have been found that does have those qualities. Indeed, the other two appointed today have that experience.

It's simple - Jobs for the boys. Chrissy did his bit to undermine the club, and got what he was promised.

It's a rather unbecoming development, and one which doesn't place Murray or King in a good light.
Well it's all about opinions, isn't it.

The guy's "qualities and knowledge of the business world" has got SFA to do with the NOMAD. He's a non exec - purely advisory capacity. That being the case, I don't see the problem.

And, it's all "jobs for the boys" - hasn't that been the story for years?

"Unbecoming"? Of all the shit that's gone down in the past few years this is "unbecoming"? I just don't see it - ordinary fan type bloke makes it onto board. The fact that he may have been an activist for change doesn't undermine him. Quite the opposite.

For me, and I'm sure many others. it doesn't detract from King or Murray either. You've never been a fan of either that I remember, so can't imagine it would have made a great deal of difference to your opinion.

They're doing what they said they would. Maybe he was nominated by the RST.
I'm no fan of the Rst myself, but that aside its great to have fan input on the board especially the rank and file supporter.
As long as the board stick to promises made, and take the club in the right direction, then i'll be a happy bear for a change.
Official announcement, 'for the record' : Rangers FC - Directorate and Secretarial Appointments (RNS Number : 0655H) 10 March 2015

Rangers FC has had a change of Government, so it is not surprising to see the new 'government' appoint its supporters to posts. As far as I am concerned, the right talk regarding Rangers was made after the EGM by Dave King. For the good of the Club, let us trust that the 'walk' lives up to the 'talk'.
AVFC RFC SAFC
(10-03-2015, 21:39)Larry-AV Wrote: Official announcement, 'for the record' : Rangers FC - Directorate and Secretarial Appointments (RNS Number : 0655H) 10 March 2015

Rangers FC has had a change of Government, so it is not surprising to see the new 'government' appoint its supporters to posts. As far as I am concerned, the right talk regarding Rangers was made after the EGM by Dave King. For the good of the Club, let us trust that the 'walk' lives up to the 'talk'.

We were promised proper corporate governance. Appointing people without appropriate experience and knowledge to such important positions would not be a sign of anything like good corporate governance. A non-exec's role is to challenge the strategies and decisions of the execs which is  why they shouldn't be partisan allies or supporters of those execs.

Best we can hope for is that they're just there to represent fans but won't be involved in things like remuneration or nomination committees.
Don't know about "they" - two of the three appear well educated and suited to the task.
New board new dawn same old shite on the park,keep up the good work
Sandy Easdale has resigned from the Board of RFC.

Rangers FC - Club Statement

The Rangers Football Club Limited confirms that matters have been resolved with Sandy Easdale on an amicable basis.
AVFC RFC SAFC
And meanwhile Chris Graham continues to be a barometer by which the new board can be judged. The question is, what would have been the reaction had this been a board member appointed by the Mike Ashley, Easdale/Laxey or Green boards? Let's not forget Green himself had to quit after making a remark regarding Ahmad that people found to be offensive.

I just don't see why he was ever appointed in the first place. This particular tweet is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of contentious things he's stuck up on the Internet over the years. Could no one have foreseen this? By all means have fan representation but make them useful ones in a corporate sense and not liabilities.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »