Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
Scotland have managed to go from the best team that ever played on the planet ..to Scotland again ..them little yappys are so quiet at the moment lol
Harry's getting his big 100th cap.

Fair play to him in a way but such cronyism at the same time.

Rico at LB. It's only Finland but it'd be interesting to see how he gets on.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Hope he breaks his woketard legs I hate the c@nt as much as ratface .... obviously wanker !
Absolutely boring same old crap.

Obsessively trying to put the ball in the six yard box so Harry can tap it in with his little golden boots.
Imre varadi likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
It won't change it will be all result based wank friendlys never really playing better players on form or at least when they do they will be asked to do the square peg round hole shite! I'm not hating carsley yet maybe it's because he's less woke than ratface but he's definitely not inspiring me to watch them ..Wich I haven't and will not because there's no point I know how they played today and Saturday ..it's the same as Darren ball and monk ball was !!!
Statesideowl likes this post
To me, it was just another awful example of English cronyism, and why we'll never actually make forward progress.

It was like a child's birthday party down at the AstroTurf pitches...
When the adults tell the other kids to pass it to the birthday boy so he can score, nobody else is allowed to steal his thunder by shooting or scoring.

Entirely premeditated tactics robbing the paying fans of an open, fluid game of football. Turned the entire game into a party for Harry's 100th cap. He even donned a pair of sparkly gold boots for the occasion.
It was embarrassingly cringey and disrespectful to Finland, even if they are rubbish.

All Carsleys done for me is prove that he's another in a long line of yes men, basically on all fours for the job. There will be no radical changes.
Maddix and Imre varadi like this post
The only positive for me was the fact that we didn't try to defend for the rest of the game after going 1-0 up Thumb up even if it was against Finland Cool
Owlkev71 and Statesideowl like this post
and complicated
Greece next month. One would hope that now Harry's party is over Carsley will try something different up top.
These over glorified friendlies are a great opportunity to experiment with different permutations. Harry needs to be dropped so youth can gain experience. The cronyism has to stop.

I thought young Rico did okay at LB but it's not as if Finland tested him much either.
There were moments our back line looked shakey with Finland blowing a couple of solid counter attacking opportunities to score. Better opposition would have punished us.
Still a lot of work to do but it was more positive than Sidegate. That's a step forward to be fair.
Imre varadi likes this post
I think the trouble we've got is playing 1 upfront Watkins and toney are the next best thing and neither are that great truth be told ! Ones still learning his trade and the others thrown his carear away for Saudi money ..he'll probably never figure again for England ! Saying this though I'd rather us give Watkins game time than the thick woke plank Kane !!! It's also hard trying to get players to play for these meaningless games cole palmer has been pulled out off Chelsea's Europe squad so there hardly going to give him up for this shite ..same as Bellingham and foden noway does either Real Madrid or pep city want to release players for this dog bobbar tournament! Arsenal will also pull Rice out just watch as they are screwed after losing odeguard or whatever he's called yesterday ..although I see this as a blessing in disguise because let's face it Rice has joined the fa England boys club of late and only gets picked due to the country having no talented holding midfielders as we don't produce them !!!

We also talk about a step forward which is true but it wasn't F@cking hard was it ! Everyman and his dog called this out in the shite euros ..Gordon to get in behind trippier being utter shite and why drop Grealish ffs a 6 year old could have played better tactics than f@cking ratface !!!
Statesideowl and Maddix like this post
You're not wrong, the bar was shockingly low where positive changes were concerned.
As Maddix said, not shutting up shop at 1-0 was a positive by itself. Which is fking shocking really and testament to Sidegates failure.

Grealish looked good against bobar opposition but still shouldn't have been dropped.
Toney is toast, no doubt. You can't be playing crap football and walk in to the national team

The senior players are likely to be pulled by their clubs for more serious competition like you say.
It's a good chance to let some of the younger ones pick up some experience so they can understand what's expected of them when the time comes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »