Thread Rating:
HTFC Summer transfer window 2024
Rudoni went downhill as soon as Warnock left. West Brom away, he was brilliant. Best player on the park by a mile.

His poor form since that game continued right to the last match of the season, down at Ipswich when Breitenreiter took him off after 20 minutes.

To get such a huge wad of cash for him shows how poor our our coaching has been. He's a good footballer, ruined.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Personally for me rudoni was a much of nothing. He had some good attributes, but he didn't have the right attributes for any of the positions we played him.

Work rate was there, but for an attacking midfielder, he had little to no composure in the final third when it mattered for the most part. He'd make either the wrong decision or fluff it 9 times out of 10. So he really didn't fit that role.

Out wide. Not quick enough to be a left winger, not quick enough or as above for cutting in off the right flank.

Not composed enough for central midfielder and probably not the most combative for it either, which then rules out the holding mid role.

Not clinical or composed enough to be a striker, not quick enough to be a danger at wing back. So maybe it is down to confidence and coaching but he arguably didn't fit anywhere but work rate got him in.

Now a good coach in mark robins might be able to get something out of him, he is good at doing that. It's likely that he'll be in the centre of midfield as there's not much of a chance in my book that he gets the attacking mid role ahead of Kasey Palmer. If he is going to then please advise Kasey to rock up at hd1 in a town shirt!

Speaking of town shirts and the Warnock era, hungbo could be going to Rotherham. I'd have liked him to come back here to be fair, he looked like he might have that spark out wide that we could use. Given time anyway
Another day, another door, another high, another low
We’re better off without Rudoni, his attitude stank the place out. Came over very Billy big b*ll*cks with the squad
I would suggest Kasey Palmer looked too good for Coventry whenever I saw them last season. I must be stupid, I'd assumed the reason they wanted Rudoni and would pay that price was because they were going to sell Palmer. Certainly there WAS interest, is there still?

When you list all Rudoni's "shortcomings" it is within the realm of a trip to Lourdes and me pipping Lyles in the 100 in Paris that you ever sold him at all. He sounds like a dodgy free-transfer to Chesterfield that Spireite fans weren't too happy about ....... more suited to a game with Brian Glover and Dai Bradley in Kes.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Tbf dev, he was a half decent young player from Wimbledon, not the second coming of gazza. Like a lot of players nowadays he thought he was better than what he was, maybe it's agents getting into players heads or maybe it's just a case of egos are far more inflated and get far more media exposure than what it used to be.

Put it this way, give me pilkington or Gary Roberts any day over him and neither played for us in the championship
He thought he was Gazza, silly beggar thought he would be going to Newcastle this summer. Like I said billy big b*ll*cks, legend in his own mind.
Sorba to Nantes for a million, is being bandied around on Twitter.
Joseph Hungbo has signed for Rotherham for the season.
Anything in the paddy mcnair rumour wakey?

Got your tickets for Sunday?
I remember David Moyes (himself) watching Tendayi Darikwa with a view to a transfer to Man Utd to play on the right wing. He's a decent player who was very popular, but he lost his form for us completely and Moyes was soon sacked anyway. True he eventually did make it to Burnley, but he'll be playing full back for Lincoln City against you this season. And he is and always was a decent hard-working player who had come through Chesterfield's junior ranks, much of the time as a centre forward!

Imagine you are young, playing well and Newcastle start sniffing round ...... and it isn't long since you were at Wimbledon, would you be level-headed enough to handle it? I know I'd have been coming out of goal trying to catch crosses around the penalty spot ..... even if Keiffer Moore was in the opposition, trying to impress. Rudoni just netted you a big transfer fee, shouldn't you be loving him?

These lads come from next to nothing sometimes. Course they get stars in their eyes. Course they sometimes think they are even better than they are. How many Billy Big B's do you know who changed the moment they landed a good job? They're frail and often pretty stupid Human Beans, that's all. It's what people are often like! Some learn from it, Others never do. Maybe Rudoni's a fantasist, or maybe he's on course for the Premier League. Gary Roberts? Well we love him at Chesterfield, but you can have him for £5million to assist your manager ...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »