Thread Rating:
RIFC
And then what? I mean, what does Mike Ashley gain from that?
(31-01-2015, 22:21)TIN TIN Wrote: Announcement coming on Monday lads- tick TOCK.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

How many times is that now?

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Doh
MA stsnds to lose money if the club goes into admin, and he "owns" the board who would be the ones making that decision, so no way that is going to happen!!! I doubt the properties he has the rights over would cover the loans anyway. I will say though, the ability to pay the loans back is predicated on you reaching the Prem, and the fans coming back to the club in the sort of numbers you have seen before!! That scenario is currently not going as well as I am sure you wanted!!
Breaking news fellow Bears! Story just in, Tin Tin is still a Fud.
El Car and Trusevich like this post
Rangers & MASH (continued) : Rangers FC - Company Announcement
AVFC RFC SAFC
That's quite significant with the SFA hearing soon. It means that the links to Mike Ashley's "control" of Rangers are markedly diminished. I'm sure the case against him has weakened somewhat.
New broom. New board. New dawn. Same auld shite.
Thoughts on the King and Co press conference yesterday?

I thought they spoke very well: well intentioned, fairly forthright and open. Difficult for them because I think that there are are lot of bodies buried under the Ibrox pitch and they will have to avoid the land mines if they her get the chance to dig them up.

I'm not anti any investor who wants to invest in the club for a modest rsturn , but to the benefit of the club. While its been obvious that - for a multitude of reasons including the boycott, but not only that - the club needed someone to put some money up his return probably can't be described as modest.

I can't read Kings mind either. He doesnt have Ashley's wealth, but he's not short of a few quid. I'd like to think that when he forms a board - and it is looking highly likely - they will be in a position to renegotiate everything with everybody to the benefit of the club.

Ashley could still be key to merchandising - noone else has the market penetration he has. We want to sell stuff and we want to sell it to as many people as possible so a tie in with SD makes sense, but you have to see the merchandise being made available and there's not a lot of Rangers stuff in my local store.

What you all thinking?

I'd like to edit that, but can't seem to on mobile version:

Para 3 - "his" = Ashley's
I was quite impressed myself , wants to do things properly and run the club astutely. As he touched on the club has to re-engage with the fans if it is to be run succesfully.
So what is it going to take for King to be able to form a board and get control of the club? The EGM has been called (is there a date set?), that I would suppose is when he will make the push to oust the current board, does he have the necessary support among the shareholders to get to the 75% (??) he needs to get changes made?

Worthin, from an outsiders perspective I think its imperative that someone comes out of the pack with the requisite money to take control and try to turn the club around. That person needs to be heavily invested themselves as that is what will give them the "motivation" to do whats right for the club so that they at least have the chance to make some money. Getting to the Prem is a priority on the field and getting the onerous contracts and expenditures down is the priority off the field. Actually getting to a position of making some money on the investment will probably have to wait until you can challenge for first domestic trophies, and then hopefully in Europe.

Catching Celtic should be the stated goal of all the top teams in Scotland, but it shouldn't be the only goal and it shouldn't be done at all cost!! It was clear last week that the gulf between the teams currently on the field is huge, as expected, and the gulf off the field in terms of revenues is huge as well, so building a foundation to be able to challenge and eventually compete is going to take a bit of time even if you do get promoted this season. The fans will need to show some patience while you get there, I am not convinced some of them will afford the club that, but hopefully the majority do!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »