Thread Rating:
Hertz v Hibs
I don't know whats more of a joke in this game so far, the refereeing/VAR or our performance.

If anyone can see in what way we are being "managed" here can they please let me know ? Thanks a lot.
Now THAT'S plenty.

Time to go Lee, he seems like a nice guy but he's out his depth here. We just aren't a team, soft as shite when the chips are down.

The only reason we arent already in a relegation battle is because of the pishness of other teams around us.
0762 likes this post
Look at the league table. You are in a relegation battle.

Get rid of the toxic little shitbag. You deserve better.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Rumours about that he’s been emptied
This one was an expected result and lets look at the main pre-match comment of our resident "talker" of a manager, Johnson - "This is a great opportunity for the team to get a result and change our season"??????????????????? There were no solid grounds to say that at all (esp after a 0-4 thrashing fraught with no defensive backbone and a huge lack of proper team tactics and organisation) and I didn't even listen to or watch this match commentary - have become totally apathetic re Hibs inept management of this whole affair - the main stat that tells us everything we need to know, and btw this match was a minimal part of the problem - played the last 11 fixtures and won 2 matches!!!!!!!!! Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down The clown in charge finally not so "smiley, smiley" in his post match interview and one wonders if he has finally "cooked his goose" after weeks and weeks of f###### about by Hibs hierarchy/officials coming out with "cheap chat" re eg a recent message to the fans - "thanks for the great support you continually give"!!!??? That's just a cheap deflection from a major prob/crisis created by them - very unimpressive!!!! Thumb down Johnson shouldn't be the only individual to "walk" - the crap recruitment process (bring back George Craig eh!!! He was a "jewel in the crown" compared with the numpties we currently have at Hibs FC) is well worthy of criticism!! And the individual(s) who gaffed should "walk"!!! Should Gordon himself consider his position within the club too???? That question was raised by lotsa fans last year during the Maloney dismissal period!! I've said it before - Hibs remind me of Dundee FC and the shit way their business was managed by outsiders who don't know enough about the ins and outs re Scottish footie. The Hibs fans have been "onside" backing Hibs for a while and hoping for an eventual turnaround and revival - that support looks like it has rightly expired with fans "up n arms" re the lack of proper management and organisation and being beaten by nothing more than average to poor Scot Prem sides!! Time for action or we could be relegated at this rate!!!
(02-01-2023, 20:32)Lord Snooty Wrote: Look at the league table. You are in a relegation battle.

Get rid of the toxic little shitbag. You deserve better.

We are definitely showing relegation form for sure snoots....but look again at the table. We are 3 points off 4th as well.

The other clubs are much of a muchness and thats whats saved it from being a lot worse.

Johnson's a slaver, his team selection today was chronic and cost us any chance in the game.
Lord Snooty and 0762 like this post
Johnson now slagging off the Hibs players and Hibs board. Is he on his way out or seeking assistance to strengthen a demoralised group of players? Also why so late in the day coming out with this stuff now? And didn't he go through a similar exercise that many Sunderland fans pre-warned us about before Hibs finally signed him with Ron Gordon "singing his praises" - "talked a good game during an interview Ron"!! And his footie CV wasn't greatly impressive either!! Reflect back to July 2022 when he couldn't even cobble together an accountable Hibs team to beat Falkirk. The negative signs were already becoming evident re Johnson's all round ability as an accountable footie manager, but given the benefit of the doubt after Hibs consequently losing money due to a needless early exit in the Betfred Cup. Lastly, the weeks n weeks of rest, recovery and preparation/reset during the World Cup break have really exposed his limited ability as a footie manager as he still kept irritatingly "talking a good game" without delivering what was required.
ritchiebaby likes this post
His rant there should see him removed from post before the motherwell game, he's clearly chucked it now. As to what Ron's thinking is, who knows ? The footballing operation seems almost like an afterthought for him.

Johnsons record is actually not any better than Maloneys.

As an aside its interesting to note how the major beneficiaries of VAR so far seem to be Sevco and Hertz. Im truly shocked by that. The VAR at tynecastle might as well be in the xxxx stand.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
Jim, I'm glad someone else has noticed that discrepancy as well!!! My refereeing "benchmark" re a potential pk handball offence is Smith's dismissed handball offence at Tynecastle v Celtic when he literally held the ball for a split second in the Hertz pen box - compare it with some of the handball VAR calls Hertz have been awarded and others given against the likes of Celtic (and many others!) in highly questionable pk awards against eg O'Riley who just stood back in utter amazement!! And the Celtic manager's PM response on the Smith incident is famous in the way he just scoffed at the whole flawed process of interpretation in making these kinda bizarre decisions ("you saw it, the same as me eh!!" said Ange) without mentioning the "double standards" that are clearly being applied. IMO Hertz would be well embroiled in the relegation mire if it wasn't for very favourable/dodgy VAR decisions and I revert back to a comment I made, pre-VAR, re the huge importance of deploying competent and truly impartial ref officials in the whole process. Otherwise it would be potentially compromised in its infancy. There is no point deploying the same poor referees who debased the game in Scotland for years - NUTS! Taking well over 6 mins to come to a refereeing decision tells me that you default to the original decision as the initial incident was unclear from the start. Also the "double-handed save"/stonewall pk by Goldson in his own pen box at Ibronx yesterday was another unbelievable ref/VAR call where lotsa normal footie people must be privately raising questions re the integrity of VAR and the people who are making these poor calls. There were pundits on the bbc radio commentary team who were clearly afraid to just "call it out" for what the offence was - TWO ARMS UNNATURALLY HIGH IN THE AIR IN GOLDSON'S OWN PEN BOX AND BATTING AWAY A FOOTBALL!!!!!??????????? IMO there are big questions to be asked at a higher level than this Sb board. Also I must say the Celtic manager did well just not bothering to call it; a draw will do fine in a shit match overall. Ange must have been privately seething re this convenient oversight, one of many duff ref/VAR calls in weeks gone by!!
Yup - just watch sportscene every week and you can see VAR and its implementation has been a farce up here. Sevco and Hertz have both managed to pick up loads of PKs and avoid any bad decisions from it though.

The one with Goldson was outright laughable, the ball wasn't coming at him straight on and his hands altered the trajectory of the ball clearly. It wasn't a reflex action either, his hands were up from the start of the blocking action. He has form for this as well, on 2 other occasions i've seen him get away with handling the ball in the box, and that clown Sands as well has had a couple where the refs waved away offences by him. Was absolutely mental that VAR did not call beaton back to look at that.

Actually seeing it again i'm not even sure the pk they got should have been given. Even Kris Boyd thought it was ropey.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »