Thread Rating:
RIP Hereford United
(04-11-2022, 22:29)Lord Snooty Wrote: Good start for the Bulls. 1-0 up after some terrible defending from Pompey.

Watching all the pre match Ronnie Radford stuff, I was wondering what time that match kicked off. It was still light at full time, in February.

Watching the highlights, I wonder how on earth footballers played football on pitches like that!!!
(04-11-2022, 22:32)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 22:29)Lord Snooty Wrote: Good start for the Bulls. 1-0 up after some terrible defending from Pompey.

Watching all the pre match Ronnie Radford stuff, I was wondering what time that match kicked off. It was still light at full time, in February.

Watching the highlights, I wonder how on earth footballers played football on pitches like that!!!

Proper game on pitches that were mud pies
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Did OK first half but then Gowling set up to play attack v defense second half which was never going to work against a team so much better than us. It was not if, but when Pompey were going to score their second. It was nice for Storey to score against one of his former clubs but most of us were surprised he scored as he usually misses the one on ones!  Doh

Some great tributes to Ronnie Radford and the crowd did OK , however at the Newcastle game in '72 there were over 13,000 in the ground and surrounding trees!!, whereas last night it was limited to just under 5,000. OK we haven't got the Blackfriars End in use anymore but it wasn't as crowded in the Meadow End as it could have been. Huh Health and safety Tongue

At the end of the day it's where we are and it was always going to be a tough ask especially with our defense not looking secure most weeks. Will be interesting to see how the next few League games go  starting on Tuesday at Kettering.........lets hope there aren't any hangovers.

Final word for Portsmouth manager Danny Cowley who said some great comments pre and post match concerning us and good luck to Pompey in the next round. Thumb up

COYB
Lord Snooty likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
As I thought might happen, a very lack lustre display against Kettering on Tuesday,so we move on to another away game today. Our opponents this time are Telford who currently find themselves at the bottom of the table.....................a few weeks ago we went to the then bottom club, Bradford, and gave them a helping hand to rise from that position by losing to them................wonder what will happen today! Doh Whistle

COYB
"FOREVER UNITED"
Another lack lutre week for the Bulls............. Scraped a 1.0 win last Saturday finishing with 10 men at the bottom club Telford and then lost at home on Tuesday night to Peterborough Sports.

Tomorrow sees us at Heybridge Swifts for an FA Trophy game. The natives are already restless and a loss tomorrow will see Gowlings coat on a really shoogly peg.

COYB
"FOREVER UNITED"
After last Saturdays loss to Isthmian League side Heybridge 3 . 0 in the FA Trophy, Gowling got a little rest bite on Wednesday when the young lads won by the same score line against Ludlow in the Herefordshire Cup. Today it's the turn of the "first" team again at home to Darlington.............lose this and with a fixture against League leaders Kings Lynn coming up next Saturday I think his peg won't be shoogly anymore but will be on the floor! Wink Doh

Just noticed Brackley are now top but have played 2 more games than Kings Lynn. Darlington are 4th so 2 huge games for the future of Gowling...............unfortunately he is on a good contract so can we afford to sack him ??

COYB
"FOREVER UNITED"
After last weeks loss at home to high flying Darlington, Hereford are away today at even higher flying Kings Lynn..................................it's not going to end well! Doh

COYB
"FOREVER UNITED"
Another poor week for Josh Gowling and his Hereford side. Performances were slightly better but a narrow loss away to Kings Lynn and a home draw to Chorley on Tuesday hasn't eased the pressure on JG.

Tomorrow we are away to Spennymoor who are 3 points off the drop zone whilst Hereford are 4! Should be another close one!

COYB
"FOREVER UNITED"
Hereford are in free fall at the moment where the fans are now calling for Gowling to go but since he is on a decent contract I don't think the Club can afford to do so. Last time out on Boxing Day we lost tamely at home to our local rivals Kidderminster Harriers with the return leg this New Years day at Aggborough. Lose that again and the knives will really be out but all the fans can do is stop going.

Sad days but that's football.

COYB
"FOREVER UNITED"
Was going into Morrison's in Cleveleys yesterday, bloke wandering out at the same time with a Hereford FC coat
HerefordBull likes this post
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »