Thread Rating:
Hughes starts to reshape squad
radford City have signed Hull City midfielder Richard Smallwood on a two-year contract.

The 31-year-old made 69 league appearances in two seasons with the Tigers but was not offered a new deal at the end of last season.

Smallwood has also had spells with Middlesbrough, Rotherham and Blackburn.

Boss Mark Hughes told the club website: "We are getting a fantastic professional and a real leader who has seen and achieved a lot in the game."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Seems to be making some good signings there.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Indeed

Bradford City have signed defender Brad Halliday on a two-year deal after he was released by Fleetwood Town.

The 27-year-old right-back has made 247 Football League appearances, mostly for Cambridge United and Doncaster Rovers.

He joined Fleetwood in 2021 but a knee ligament injury ended his season after just four appearances and his contract has been cancelled by mutual consent.

"Brad is a composed defender, who fits in well with the style of play we want to implement," said boss Mark Hughes.

League Two side Bradford City have signed former Gillingham striker Vadaine Oliver on a three-year deal.

The Bantams said they had "beaten off competition from across the EFL" to capture the in-demand forward, 30.

Oliver scored 27 goals in 82 League One games for the Gills, having previously played for Lincoln, Crewe, Mansfield, York, Morecambe and Northampton.

Bradford City have signed Crystal Palace midfielder Scott Banks on a season-long loan deal.

The 20-year-old Scotland Under-21 international joined the Eagles from Dundee United in January 2020.

Banks could make his debut for the Bantams in their EFL Cup first round tie against Hull City on Tuesday.

"He is a talented young player who has the ability to unlock doors and make things happen," boss Mark Hughes told the club website.

Bradford City have signed Wolves goalkeeper Joe O'Shaughnessy on loan until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old has represented the Republic of Ireland at youth level and had a loan spell with non-league Hednesford Town in 2021-22.

"I am buzzing it has happened, and am looking forward to being in and around the first team every day," he told the club website.

"I am happy to be here and want to help the lads as much as possible."

Bradford City have signed Aston Villa winger Tyreik Wright and Luton Town midfielder Dion Pereira on season-long loan deals.

Wright, 20, has spent time on loan with Walsall, Salford City and Colchester United, making a total of 44 League Two appearances.

Pereira, 23, rejoins the Bantams having had a spell on loan last term where he made 10 appearances for the club.

He has also signed a new contract with his parent club Luton.

"Everyone has been so welcoming, the stadium looks unbelievable and I just cannot wait to play in front of the supporters," Wright said.

Pereira added: "I am delighted to be back. Everyone made me feel right at home last season, and I did not have to think twice about returning."

He's right about the stadium, it's a lot better than that shithole at Luton Laugh
and complicated
Bradford City have signed former Bohemians defender Ciaran Kelly on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 24-year-old will officially join the League Two side when the transfer window opens on 1 January.

Kelly appeared in 34 of Bohs' 36 Irish Premier Division matches in 2022.

"He is a player who has attracted a lot of interest from teams at this level and above, but had his heart set on joining us here," boss Mark Hughes told the club website.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »