Thread Rating:
RIP Hereford United
Always had a bit of time for Hereford, sponsored by Sun Valley for years also they scored one of the best goals I've ever seen Dixie McNeil at Deepdale they won 4-3, also spent one of the coldest days ever at Edgar Street 1/3/1986 in the season we came next to the bottom of the football league. Lots our on loan keeper after about 15 minutes fell on the rock hard pitch broke his ankle. We were 1 up and our centre forward Wayne Foster went between the sticks, think Bulls equalised in the last couple of minutes.
On the way home the coach stopped at a pub in Wolverhampton, we all got kicked out someone thought that it would be good to blow the hunting horn on the pub wall

Just noted both games against Choley and Fylde up here are Tuesday night providing no fixture clash may go
HerefordBull likes this post
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Might try and get down, although harder for me midweek.

Both Chorley and Fylde had good seasons last year in getting to the play offs, so they will be hoping, especially in Fyldes case, to go one stage further.
themaclad likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Well, a 1.0 loss to Scarborough with both sides having chances to take the 3 points but it was the Seadogs who managed to find the net midway through the second half to win 1.0 in front of a 1600+ crowd.

They have a similar history to ours having been formed as a phoenix club after the original Scarborough FC went to the wall in 2007.

Ah well, onto Chester on Tuesday night still in search of our first 3 points this season...........what was that I said about optimism at the start of the season dissipating quickly...... Whistle

COYB
"FOREVER UNITED"
Is Chester another phoenix club or still the original?
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Aye Snoots, following the demise of Chester City.
"FOREVER UNITED"
They are pulling off into paradise they are all Phoenix clubs, personally I blame Den Perry
Lord Snooty and HerefordBull like this post

(15-08-2022, 09:41)themaclad Wrote: They are pulling off into paradise they are all Phoenix clubs, personally I blame Den Perry

Big Grin
themaclad likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
2 wins back to back after the Bulls overcame a stubborn Buxton side 2.0 at Edgar Street yesterday. The game looked like it might end up goalless until that man Luke Haines broke the deadlock midway through the second half. Hereford added a second just before the final whistle to ensure the points through Harry Pinchard. Man of the match was the big lad Tyrone Barnett whose physical presence and experience caused Buxtons backline trouble all afternoon.  Attendance 2250.  ( I was going to say that it was Lukes second goal in a week, perhaps though that should read 3 if you count his own goal at Scarborough last Saturday Big Grin )

Terrier fans may remember Tyrone as he was part of the Peterborough team which beat Huddersfield 3.0 in 2011 / 12 play offs...................or perhaps they would rather not remember.  Whistle  Tongue  Big Grin

Next up are Banbury at the Spenser Stadium. They are in the National League for the first time in their history having earned promotion last year from the Southern Premier.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Conference North table has four clubs from below Birmingham in the top four

(21-08-2022, 14:43)HerefordBull Wrote: Terrier fans may remember Tyrone as he was part of the Peterborough team which beat Huddersfield 3.0 in 2011 / 12 play offs...................or perhaps they would rather not remember.  Whistle  Tongue  Big Grin

Nah! I've put that one well to the back of the memory bank. It's in a vault marked; didn't happen. Blush
HerefordBull likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »