Thread Rating:
Hughes starts to reshape squad
Bradford City have released Callum Cooke, Caolan Lavery, Gareth Evans, Olivier Sukiennicki, Richard O'Donnell and Theo Robinson.

Goalkeeper O'Donnell, 33, made 137 appearances for the League Two club since joining from Northampton in 2018.

Midfielder Cooke, 25, played 47 games this season after joining in 2020.

Meanwhile, the Bantams have offered new deals to Charles Vernam, Charlie Wood, Elliot Watt, Levi Sutton, Luke Hendrie, Matty Foulds and Paudie O'Connor.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Bradford City have signed Southampton goalkeeper Harry Lewis on an initial two-year deal.

The 24-year-old will join the League Two side when his Saints deal expires on 1 July.

He made three appearances for the Saints in the FA Cup in 2016-17 and spent a season on loan with Dundee United the following year.

"He is an outstanding goalkeeper who I know from my time at Southampton," boss Mark Hughes told the club website.

Full-back Matty Foulds has signed a new two-year contract with Bradford City, with the option of a further year.

The 24-year-old defender played 28 games for his hometown club this past season, scoring twice.

Foulds, whose first professional deal was at Bury, joined the Bantams last term after a spell in Italy, having previously been released by Everton.

"It is a real push in the right direction for me, personally," Foulds told the club website.

"I have been sat in the stands at Valley Parade as a kid, so there is no better feeling than playing in front of 18,000 supporters.

"I played over 20 games last season which is the most I have got out of any season, but I think we underachieved."

Bradford City have signed forward Jake Young from League Two champions Forest Green Rovers for an undisclosed fee.

Young has signed a three-year contract with the option of an additional year.

The Huddersfield-born 20-year-old, who joined Forest Green from Sheffield United, returns to Yorkshire after two years at the New Lawn.

"It feels good to be back home up north and I could not be happier. I am just looking forward to getting started," he said.

Young, who can play on either wing or through the middle, made 62 appearances for Forest Green, with 29 of them coming this season.

"Jake is a player we are really excited to be bringing to Valley Parade and are looking forward to working with," Bradford manager Mark Hughes told the club website.

"At just 20, he is young and still very much growing into the game, but has had experiences in the play-offs at this level and already achieved promotion last season by winning the title with Forest Green.

"He carries a lot of dangerous attributes in his game and is happy to be back up in Yorkshire - and more so at this club."

Bradford City have signed Barrow defender Matthew Platt.

The 24-year-old has agreed a two-year contract and moves on a free transfer after rejecting a new deal at Barrow, where his contract expires this summer.

"I am like any footballer in that I want to be successful and play at the highest level I can, and would love for it to be at this club," he said.

Platt began his career at Blackburn Rovers and joined Barrow in 2019, initially on loan.

He is Bantams boss Mark Hughes' third signing in the space of a week, following the arrivals of forward Jake Young from Forest Green Rovers and goalkeeper Harry Lewis from Southampton.

"He is a strong defender with a great physical presence, but also a player comfortable on the ball and more than capable of playing out and fitting into the style we want to implement," Hughes told the club website.

"Having spent the past few years at Barrow, he has sound understanding and experience of playing at this level, as well as being a part of a promotion-winning side."

Bradford City have signed Huddersfield Town striker Kian Harratt on a season-long loan deal.

The 19-year-old ended the 2021-22 campaign on loan at Port Vale and scored in the League Two play-off final as they beat Mansfield 3-0 at Wembley.

"Kian is an exciting young player who we have been monitoring for some time," boss Mark Hughes told the club website.

"We are pleased to be welcoming him to the club, and are looking forward to working with him."

Bradford City full-back Luke Hendrie has signed a two-year contract extension with the League Two side.

The 27-year-old returned to the Bantams on a deal until the end of the season in January after leaving Hartlepool.

"Ever since I rejoined in January, my focus was to extend my stay here, so I am just looking forward to the season ahead," he told the club website.

"I have really enjoyed my football under the gaffer and he is a really good person to work for."

Bradford City have signed Walsall midfielder Emmanuel Osadebe for an undisclosed fee on a two-year deal.

The 25-year-old scored six goals in 81 league appearances for the Saddlers across two seasons.

"The manager has been at the top of the game and everyone is driven in the same direction to achieve our goal of promotion," he told the club website.

"Entertainment is a big part of my game. I want to get on the ball and make things happen."

Bradford City have signed winger Harry Chapman from Blackburn Rovers on a two-year contract.

The 24-year-old was allowed to leave Rovers at the end of last season, having spent time on loan at Burton Albion during the campaign.

Chapman scored one goal in 35 games over two spells at Ewood Park, first on loan from Middlesbrough before joining permanently in January 2019.

"It [joining Bradford] has been quite a while in the pipeline," Chapman said.

"But as soon as I came here, looked around and spoke to the manager [Mark Hughes], I knew I wanted to make this my home for the next two years."

Bradford City have signed Huddersfield Town defender Romoney Crichlow on a season-long loan deal.

The 23-year-old had loan spells with Swindon and Plymouth last season.

He is the second Terriers player to join the Bantams on loan for the coming season, after striker Kian Harratt made the same move earlier this month.

"When you look at the manager [Mark Hughes] here and Bradford as a club, it was always an attractive proposition," Crichlow told the club website.

Same as Harratt. He's better than this shite!
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »