Thread Rating:
The Owls v Accrington L1 Match Thread
THE MATCH

TUESDAY 15TH MARCH KO 7:45 PM

[Image: c8f0e1f02feea03b72811b4b50c0f4c0--britis...nesday.jpg] v [Image: Accrington_Stanley_F.C._logo.svg]

LAST MATCH

After the poor showing against Lincoln, we bounced back spectacularly, hitting Cambridge for 6. We got off to the perfect start when Jones put a Gregory cross into his own net. It was quickly 2 when Bannan hit one in from 30 yards. The game went a bit quiet before a quickfire double form Berahino, the first a quick turn and shot, the second from close range after a good save by the keeper. Onto the second and the goals continued Byers firing in from 12 yards then Berahino completed his hat-trick with a good finish off the post. We saw out the remainder of the game, but failed to add to the 6 we already had.

THE MATCH

Next up Accrington at Hillsborough. We beat these 3-2 at there place just under 4 months ago. They have won 2 of there last 3 games and lie in 12th place in the league but I would be surprised if they stay in the top half of the league, though they should avoid the relegation scrap. Colby Bishop is there leading scorer with 9 goals & 4 assists. This will be the first time Accrington have made the visit to Hillsborough, lets make sure it is a unhappy one Thumb up  Thumb up

CURRENT FORM

OWLS               -             Big Grin  Angry  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Angry                               

ACCR                -            Big Grin  Angry  Big Grin  Angry  Angry  Big Grin          

EFL STOOGES

DOES IT MATTER THERE ALL CORRUPT Thumb up  Thumb up

ROSS JOYCE
David Avent and Ravel Cheosiaua
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

THE TEAM

Peacock-Farrell
Storey Hutch Gibson
Hunt Byers Bannan Luongo Johnson
Berahino Gregory

SCORE & SCORER (HOME TEAM SCORE FIRST)

3-1 Berahino

ATTENDANCE

BML STANDINGS

SCO 14
Pei 13
Wereham 10
Kev 9
Maddix 9
Imre 8
Wash 6
SS 4

OTHER GAMES OF MILD INTEREST

Charlton Athletic v Gillingham
Crewe Alexandra v Wigan Athletic
Plymouth Argyle v Portsmouth
Rotherham United v Lincoln City
Wycombe Wanderers v Fleetwood Town

HAHHH

THE MUPPETT LEAGUE

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7264048]
[Image: accountants-accounts-accountants-account...22_low.jpg]

KATE BECKINSALE TRIBUTE PIC

[Image: iypski5vqnrtadp4tw17.jpg]
[Image: Kate1.jpg]
[Image: rs_600x600-170411105514-634-kate-beckins...quality=90]

[Image: ad8f2d8259d20788a681c021fe7e7dda.jpg]
Statesideowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
2-0 Gregory
Dadhh

BPF has been called up and may miss the Cheltenham game .
DADDH

4-1 Paterson
and complicated
3-1 Hunt
DAAHH
Imre varadi likes this post
4-1 Fantham Berahino

hhhhh

2-1 Berahino

HADHH

Another viewable game. Let's hope the momentum stays the same.
I reckon Accrington will have watched both the Lincoln and Cambridge games and noticed one of the key differences was that Lincoln didn't let us play, closed us down immediately and fouled like fk.
Cambridge, however had too much respect and stood off us.
We simply cannot play when the opposition applies massive pressure on the ball
Imre varadi likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Fa cup tie for Lincoln at home ..maybe Accrington will have the same will away ( not as easy ) in the league when you have 7 fans up in the stand ..but the drum of there manager has been beating so never take it lightly ! ...we have to go for the throat it's what Hillsborough was designed for ...all be it I still don't see us going up with this clown .
Statesideowl likes this post
2-0 Byers

DADDH
Gregory switched out for Paterson, probably a good idea to rest him but he better come on as soon as Paterson starts fking about.

Iorfa back and Dunks on the bench
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Gibson rested ...not sure where Palmer fits in ? I imagine for hunt ? As Iorfa is back in defense and he will be central Hutchinson on the left again .
I wouldn't have rested Gregory tonight because as a striker getting MOM Saturday and not scoring in a 6 goal battering he will be pissed off and thinking about nothing else than scoring tonight ..but this is DM i expect no more from him ffs ..let's hope Berhinio is on fire again !!

Nobody noticed but still no windass NMl either ...now does he chance getting to the playoffs and playing them or is this just DM being shit at cards as usual because with 10 games left we can't afford to lose any points and we are in danger of not getting there ...tonight 3pts is a must more than Saturday ..to me he rests players in the wrong moments if the season and this has had the 1 step forward 2 steps backward effect !
Tonight I would have thrown everything at getting 3pts as it is the game in hand made it our cup final and worried about Saturday after ! But no we have Shatterson upfront against a team who play football and who are not physical.
I swear this manager is clueless !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »