Thread Rating:
RIFC
Why yes please of course!
It will be a no-show at the SFA from Mike Ashley tomorrow {27/01/2015}.

Skysports - Mike Ashley will not be attending Tuesday's hearing over Rangers ownership
AVFC RFC SAFC
So MAs loan offer is accepted but is only secured against the Murray Park training ground, registered trademarks and other properties.  Part of the 10m is also being used to pay off a previous 3m loan, so in in fact a net loan of 7m, of which 5m is available immediately.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30996809

Possibly more worrying is further down in the above article where it states that "Rangers are also giving Ashley, for the duration of the loan, a further 26% of shares in Rangers Retail Limited, 49% of which was already owned by the English businessman." So the sale of merchandise brings in even less revenue directly to the club than it was already!!

At some point there needs to be a plan in place to pay back these loans, or else all the extra revenue from the eventual promotion back to the top flight will just flow out of the club as opposed to be able to be used to set the team up to succeed!!
(27-01-2015, 18:30)St Charles Owl Wrote: So MAs loan offer is accepted but is only secured against the Murray Park training ground, registered trademarks and other properties.  Part of the 10m is also being used to pay off a previous 3m loan, so in in fact a net loan of 7m, of which 5m is available immediately.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30996809

Possibly more worrying is further down in the above article where it states that "Rangers are also giving Ashley, for the duration of the loan, a further 26% of shares in Rangers Retail Limited, 49% of which was already owned by the English businessman."  So the sale of merchandise brings in even less revenue directly to the club than it was already!!

At some point there needs to be a plan in place to pay back these loans, or else all the extra revenue from the eventual promotion back to the top flight will just flow out of the club as opposed to be able to be used to set the team up to succeed!!

The rangers retail thing won't make a blind bit of difference if the fans continue to boycott the merchandise!

I don't like giving away the shirt sponsorship money for an unlimited amount of time, that's tight.

And I definitely don't like the trademarks being used as collateral. But such is life.
"The Board has sought for some time to establish a long term funding solution for the Company in order to create a platform of stability to build for the future.This Facility begins this process and we very much hope that it will be augmented with further permanent capital in due course." - David Somers

Hopefully 'further permanent capital in due course' means Robert Sarver. [Image: finger-x.jpg]

Skysports - Rangers agree new loan with Sports Direct

Main website :Rangers FC - Credit Facility Statement

Investor website : Rangers FC - £10m Credit Facility and associated transfer of 26% of Rangers Retail Limited (RNS Number : 2133D) 27 January 2015
AVFC RFC SAFC
Seems Ashley is buying the club loan-by-loan. I'm not sure I disapprove, to be honest, as long as the SFA situation is sorted out.

The main thing I want is stability and the reappearance of news on the back pages about Rangers' players and the team instead of the board.

Edit: I see the share price has shot up over the past couple of days, standing at 32pps now I believe. That would be an extra £5M that can be raised with a share issue right now. If they want to have one, of course.
Ah well Trus, seems you are the only BEAR that does not disapprove of Ashley, but hey ho, keep your head in the sand son. The company is obviously trading insolvently, when having to rely on "emergency" loans just to meet monthly wage outlay- is that not a major concern? Borrow 5 million to pay back 3 million right away, leaves 2 million to play with- how long will that last? The other 5 million is on drawdown as and when required- looks like it will be required pretty soon imo. Honestly please, where do you see this ending, bearing in mind that these are loans, being paid back with further loans?.
HHGH
The two million will get us to the egm when a new board will be put in place - we'll see what happens then.
When a new board may be put in place Worth.
More Boardroom (boredroom) news.

Skysports - SFA sets March dates for Rangers and Mike Ashley hearings

An SFA statement confirmed Ashley's hearing will take place on March 2 and Rangers' case will be heard on March 16.

Skysports - Three Bears consortium criticise Rangers board over Mike Ashley loan
AVFC RFC SAFC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »