Thread Rating:
Page 3
Well if we're talking about stuff that's stuck in the dark ages, well religion should be banned. And that includes burka wearing, non foxhunting, women.
As much as I agree with the no more page three campaign, I find the attitudes of men, hiding their outdated beliefs behind the curtain of religion, towards women, forcing them to wear burkas, making them second class citizens more offensive than a topless girl in a newspaper.
turkeydinner and spireitematt like this post
Yes, bigger things to worry about than a pair of knockers in the Sun. (By the way I buy it for the Sports coverage)
Actually the Sports coverage in the Sun, Daily Star and the Daily Sport is really good! Pity the coverage of actual news is Brad Pitt
WakeyTerrier likes this post
The Telegraph, the times and the Daily Mirror is good for sport as well. The Times is very good especially for football coverage on a Monday. I read the Daily Mirror but refuse to read any article Oliver Holt writes because he's a hypocrite.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
So the Sun haven't banned page 3 and there will be a topless model on page 3. I will say this what a brilliant publicity stunt by the Sun to get free publicity and promote there newspaper. It's a hostile and very childish act what they did, but also they've raised the profile of the No Page 3 campaign and this will just add more fuel to the fire and it will help them increase support, followers and more people will sign there petition. The Sun have won the battle but will they win the war? Me thinks not.

To be fair the Sun never said they were stopping it, wasn't it other newspapers that reported it in the first place? Clever marketing stunt?? Wouldn't surprise me, but I do think they will show less topless and more lingerie over the coming months, time wil tell.

As regards the No Page 3 campaign, then yes the publicity won't have done them any harm either but to be fair they currently only have just over 200,000 signatures on their protest and that number is nowhere near enough to force the Sun to do anything, especially as the Sun has an average daily circulation of 2.2m copies!! Temporary impetus and hardening of the lines on both sides is probably the likely outcome here.
The neanderthals can't live without the Sun. They are the type of men who have their brains in their pants and therefore need the paper to tell them what to think and who to vote for.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
(22-01-2015, 05:50)St Charles Owl Wrote: To be fair the Sun never said they were stopping it, wasn't it other newspapers that reported it in the first place?  Clever marketing stunt??  Wouldn't surprise me, but I do think they will show less topless and more lingerie over the  coming months, time wil tell.

As regards the No Page 3 campaign, then yes the  publicity won't have done them any harm either but to be fair they currently only have just over 200,000 signatures on their protest and that number is nowhere near enough to force the Sun  to do anything, especially as the Sun has an average daily circulation of 2.2m copies!!  Temporary impetus and hardening of the lines on both sides is probably the likely outcome here.

The Sun fell below 2 million in their sales mark before Christmas which shows less people are buying their newspaper because the newspaper has had its day. Its the beginning of the end for them. They describe themselves as "Britain's most popular newspaper". Bob the Builder was Britain's most popular music artist at one point.

(22-01-2015, 12:45)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: The neanderthals can't live without the Sun. They are the type of men who have their brains in their pants and therefore need the paper to tell them what to think and who to vote for.

With respect what a load of rubbish.
It's codswallop.
spireitematt likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »