Thread Rating:
League One Rebuild Summer 2021
Johnson now confirmed with Gregory rumored to be very close.

Shodipo out injured ( worse than thought but no timeline) …. The curse continues !!!
Gregory now confirmed as well. Can’t fault the club for backing DM and it also seems that its DM who is choosing the players he gets to bring in, thats a real change of direction from the past few seasons.
I think we've got the basis of a promotion winning team with these signings if everyone stays fit ? But it's going to need time to gel and the problem with the pub league is you don't get time !
I think we may now make the playoffs from my original mid table bore off prediction.

Johnson and Gregory have to start on Saturday
(05-08-2021, 18:00)Imre varadi Wrote: I think we've got the basis of a promotion winning team with these signings if everyone stays fit ? But it's going to need time to gel and the problem with the pub league is you don't get time !
I think we may now make the playoffs from my original mid table bore off prediction.

Johnson and Gregory have to start on Saturday

At best Gregory will be off the bench late on He was recovering from a hamstring injury and has only done a few weeks of preseason with Stoke so definitely won’t manage 90 minutes. A new season start with fans is likely to make the game fast paced early on with the inherent player injury risk if not fully conditioned.
Imre varadi likes this post
Only one last piece of the puzzle to fix and that's the left back ...sims is signing soon apparantly ?

If only we could sell Paterson palmer wildsmith and bannan I'd be confident off automatic promotion !
Hi all, what a cracking few weeks in transfers we have had, from looking like a team that would have to rely strongly on the under 23's, we have a manager who has identified targets and actually spoke to those targets! This is the reason why most of these signings will have chosen to come to us, yes there is the lure of a decent wage (when the owner sees fit to pay wages) and playing in front of a large crowd, but speaking on a personal level with the boss goes along way. Moore has spoken to the players and highlighted how he wants us to play and where the individual fits into the plan.

Three weeks ago, I seriously believed that I would not have a team to support anymore, i believed we would be wound up (thought i would be going up to Crosspool to watch Hallam FC). The boss (Moore) has worked miracles and although I don't believe we will hit the ground running, once the players have had time to gel, i do feel that we will push on up the league and by the end be fighting for an automatic promotion place. lets just hope the fans give the team time to settle in.

On wards and upwards! Keep the faith!

WAWAW!
St Charles Owl and Owlkev71 like this post
JUST SAYING LIKE!
The fans will always give time should we play football at Hillsborough again ...it's not happened since Carlos had his first season .
There's the problem i see it's ok if we don't play football and win 1-0 every week but losing and not playing football will have DM sacked by Xmas .
Statesideowl, Maddix, Washington like this post
Lewis Gibson from Everton looks the next incoming on the cards . Already followed by Att.

Think Sims might be one of those looking at options and that’s why DM. brought in Johnson. But who knows. This window has been the most exciting for years. Just hope they can play together and don’t follow the ‘when you get the ball give it to Bazza’ doctrine.

Reach not even on the bench for WBA. Probably hasn’t done much serious training while counting his last pay check to make sure DC didn’t short him with a few washers.
Imre varadi likes this post
New coach in some bloke su.on Ireland huddershit Blackburn Qpr Brighton amongst others ...never heard of him ...anyway ...
New defender Gibson kiddie from Everton who played at Reading on loan center back cover for crutch dunkley and iorfa ...still have biscuits ( luongo) as well for cover here ...so with that said it's probably wise because all these players could snap in two at any minute ! Brannan is another back up .
And that's all for today folks we are almost certainly going to see more new ins and outs before September .

O and in Bolton have just pulled out off the promotion race ......they e signed that useless piece off huddershit kabunga pmsl !
Can’t fault the recruitment this summer. Seems to be. Bunch of players DM knew bout and wanted, thats a good sign. Now its up to DM to get them playing right and playing as a team.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »