Thread Rating:
League One Rebuild Summer 2021
Windass out for a considerable amount of time, according to DM.

Bailey Peacock Farrell has signed on loan for the season from Burnley

Think it will be Paterson and maybe one of the new signings, Shidipo playing up front, or he tries one of the young uns, or a new signing
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(27-07-2021, 16:17)Owlkev71 Wrote: Windass out for a considerable amount of time, according to DM.

Bailey Peacock Farrell has signed on loan for the season from Burnley

Think it will be Paterson and maybe one of the new signings, Shidipo playing up front, or he tries one of the young uns, or a new signing

And Lewis Wing on a season loan too. Wonder if Bannan’s ‘knock’ means he’s off soon? Might not be a bad thing wrt a long term rebuild as long as there’s a reasonable fee paid
Lewis Wing (midfielder) has signed on a season long loan from Middlebrough
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Definitely needed a good keeper.

Wing was at Rotherham last season so hard to say but Boro rate him.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Team for our last pre season game v Port Vale

Peacock-Farrell; J Hunt, Iorfa, Hutchinson, Palmer; Wing, Luongo, Adeniran; Green, Shodipo, Adedoyin.

Substitutes: Wildsmith, Dunkley, Galvin, Brown, Brennan, A Hunt, Waldock, Dele-Bashiru, Hagan.

Both new signings start, Bannan not in the squad.
Two good additions still need a striker though or it just doesn't make sense ?

I hope this means the end of Bannan so we can push on and basically finance the season !

We should also make a bit more money by selling wildsmith ! In all the summer signings look ok and will have us at least in the top half of the table but like I said unless we sign a striker this league will be impossible to get promotion as you need goals more than ever at this level and i don't see patterson getting more than 10 .

1-1 iorfa port vale just levelled
Sounds like shodiplop is getting in the mix ...I'd like to see him taken off and rested now till the Charlton game .

6 changes subs .
I think what pres season has shown me is that we are getting better but are way off and struggle to score or command teams that are off the level we will be playing .

Not direct enough no way near and that has something to do with playing to our strengths which is not strikers !

Some great business next week would be to sell Paterson wildsmith and hopefully bannan and bring in a midfielder and striker off quality at this level not more kids !
FDB 80mins

1-2

Vale 1-2 Owls FT
Dawson is joining exter on loan for the season .
I don't agree with this i really wanted to get rid of wildsmith who i think is utter shite too Dawson just being shite and wildsmiths contract is nearly up unlike Dawson's ? Bad business here I'm afraid !
Looks like another midfielder is coming in.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »