Thread Rating:
League One Rebuild Summer 2021
(18-05-2021, 21:27)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(18-05-2021, 20:45)Chris Howard Wrote: I don’t think we can sign anyone can we?  Due to leave embargo again

Has that actually been confirmed anywhere?  Rumor has been around for ages but no confirmation.  Also, when under a transfer embargo aren't there rules about being able to replace leaving players as long as the wage bill does not go up?  All very confusing as per usual with the EFL!!!

From what I've read the EFL have about ten clubs under an embargo for filing late accounts although all the teams involved were taking advantage of Government covid rules in being allowed to do this as 80% of the country was furloughed or working from home. Only the EFL didn't notice that during the first lockdown it took a f'ucking age to get anything done (from shopping to seeing a doctor). Perhaps they thought it was normal operating pace according to their own standards. Anyhow they have said that this situation will soon be resolved Thumb up at their pace Laugh
and complicated
https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/owl...confirmed/

Still waiting for the first team retained list, maybe sometime this week.

One of the local radio reporters said we were under an embargo, expected to be lifted before the transfer window opens.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Rhodes having a medical at Huddersfield according to some reports.

And players not being paid again.
Maddix likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Rhodes what a wanker good riddance

Like rats thank xxxx i never paid money to watch these wankers xxxx em all i hope we desolve it would do us all a favour

He's starting to make me vomit Darren Moore ..good bloke don't get me wrong unlike that monkfish ! But it's all xxxx cliches ...he's no ranting about getting the fans back pmsl !! If we get 12,000 a home game it will be good in my book considering the clown of s chairman.
He's turning us into Doncaster rovers the end !
The Owls can confirm our player retention list following the conclusion of the 2020/21 season.

Joost van Aken, Kadeem Harris, Elias Kachunga, Tom Lees, Matt Penney, Moses Odubajo, Joey Pelupessy, Adam Reach, Jordan Rhodes and Keiren Westwood will each be released upon the expiry of their current contracts.

The club have activated one-year extensions to retain Ciaran Brennan, Alex Hunt and Sam Hutchinson.

Osaze Urhoghide has been offered a new contract, while Liam Shaw declined a new contract offer and, as previously communicated, signed an agreement with Celtic.

Loan players Izzy Brown and Jack Marriott have returned to their parent clubs.
Imre varadi likes this post
Can't gripe at that. The rot was deep. It became a mentality.

The bad part is, that's close to 20m in transfer fees and all released
Imre varadi and Washington like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(20-05-2021, 19:23)Statesideowl Wrote: Can't gripe at that. The rot was deep. It became a mentality.

The bad part is, that's close to 20m in transfer fees and all released

Yep about what everyone was expecting. An interesting summer ahead for recruitment but hopefully we can buy low and sell a few high later rather than buy extortionate crap not use it and then give it away.
Maddix and Statesideowl like this post
I'm happy with that good riddance .
We need apart from alot off new players definitely a keeper with experience and hopefully loan out or sell both wildsmith and Dawson !
I would try and convince hunt to sign for us as expierance at the back because Palmers shit and umbongo will leave ! As for the rest well God knows who we can convince to join a basket case pub league team ?

I just need to say this and smile ? no more Harris minge lees or umbongobongo ...a special mention for kabunga you're the worst forward I've ever seen you c..unt !

Sorry to see Penney leave as i think under the right leadership he could be a gem !
Washington, Owlkev71, Statesideowl like this post
The thing about this moving forward shit is we have now moved backwards obviously so we may aswell get bob back
Rhodes has signed back up with his little club .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »