Thread Rating:
RIFC
I think the Three Bears, King and Ashley are likely to have been the biggest obstacle in front of Sarver. They've all recently spent money for a certain size of shareholding and won't want their investment to effectively half in such a short time.
From the Investor website, Rangers' main shareholders as at 09/01/2015 {posted 12/01/2015} :

Rangers has an issued share capital of 81,478,201 ordinary shares of 1 pence each in the capital of the Company ("Ordinary Shares").

Major Shareholding (3% or above):

The Company understands that its major shareholders are as follows:
Shareholder                   No of Ordinary Shares held   % of issued share capital
New Oasis Investments Limited             11,869,505            14.57%  = Dave King
Artemis Investment Management LLP          8,109,223             9.95%
George Alexander Taylor                    7,575,000             9.30%  = 3 Bears
Mash Holdings Limited                      7,265,000             8.92%  = Mike Ashley
Douglas Park                               5,000,000             6.14%  = 3 Bears
River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP  4,704,827             5.77%
Blue Pitch Holding                         4,426,485             5.43%  = named Easedale proxy
Alexander Easdale*                         4,242,110             5.21%
Miton Group                                4,060,282             4.98%
George Letham                              3,299,515             4.05%  = 3 Bears
Margarita Funds Holding Trust*             2,600,000             3.19%  = named Easedale proxy

Source (data subject to change after posting this today, 12/01/2015) : Rangers FC - RIFC Share Information

Dave King has 14.57% and the 3 Bears total 19.49% which equals 34.06% of the shares.
Alexander Easedale has 5.21% plus named proxies 5.43% and 3.19% equals 13.83% of the shares.
Alexander Easedale also has unamed proxies that take his percentage up to 26.15% of the shares.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Will the Three Bears work with Dave King or are they on opposing sides in all this? Ashley seems to be out on his own, but then again he currently "owns" the boardroom and has loans secured against various assets, so he is still a vital cog in the whole thing. Its going to be interesting to see the power struggle that is going to have to play out quickly to make sure the club keeps its head above water!!
I meant to include this in my previous post :

The debate atm is what major shareholder(s) prevented Robert Sarver's offer from reaching the 75% required to approve it.
Any shareholder or combination of shareholders with shareholdings totalling more than 25% could block the offer.

For clarity, here are the suspects (again)

Dave King has 14.57% and the 3 Bears total 19.49% which equals 34.06% of the shares.
Alexander Easedale has 5.21% plus named proxies 5.43% and 3.19% equals 13.83% of the shares.
Alexander Easedale also has unamed proxies that take his percentage up to 26.15% of the shares.
AVFC RFC SAFC
I would like to think as men with Rangers at heart, they would do everything possible, for the clubs best interests.
(12-01-2015, 21:57)supercooper Wrote: I would like to think as men with Rangers at heart, they would do everything possible, for the clubs best interests.

You have been hoping for that for the past three years only to be let down on numerous occasions!! At least now they all have serious money interests in the club in the form of shares, so even if all they do is ultimately protect their shareholding it should prevent any administration event!!

Sooner rather than later though, someone needs to grab the bull by the horns, get control and start running the club properly!!
It would seem that is exactly what they are trying to do. Only time will tell if they succeed.
We are left with the devil and the deep blue sea, matters could have been so much better !

SSN interview with Robert Sarver, 12/01/2015 : Skysports - Robert Sarver explains why he withdrew his interest in Rangers

Robert Sarver has the correct attitude, recognising that it is the Fans that own the Club, the 'Owner' being just the custodian.
AVFC RFC SAFC
No they don't.
(13-01-2015, 16:36)Fredstersafool Wrote: No they don't.

Fans do not own the operating company Fred, although many (like me) are shareholders, but as with any business, if there are no customers, there is no business.

So in a nutshell, if there are no Fans, there is no Club !
AVFC RFC SAFC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »