Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Bloody germans, coming over here with their fresh food and.....and.....and.....

Mobilise the fleet!!
Mount the ack ack guns on the hills around Sheffield. Can't have Gerry dropping all that stuff on Doncaster.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Now we know why we got the Pfizer vaccine quicker, nothing to do with us being the bestest country in the world....more to do with the fact we paid twice as much per dose.

This was because we opted out of the EUs consortium to buy the vaccine.
Our Government overpays for everything except internships - where they still offer jobs with no pay, illegally.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(23-12-2020, 14:45)hibeejim21 Wrote: Germany's Lufthansa is airlifting fresh fruit and vegetables to the UK on Wednesday as firms seek to beat the lorry chaos at sea ports
The airline is carrying 80 tonnes of food from Frankfurt to Doncaster Sheffield Airport in a Boeing 777.

Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  TAKING BACK CONTROL!!!!!!!

To be fair, jim, the Germans are thinking of themselves. EU countries will be just as desperate to sell fresh produce to us as we are to sell to them. The French took the extremely damaging decision to shut down their border with the UK purely as a political stunt.

They could easily have said that everyone coming to France would have to have a negative test before leaving the UK right at the very start, but no, they made a drama out of a crisis and inconvenienced as many of their own EU citizens as they did UK citizens. But don't worry now that Boris' dad will be all right with his French property - he will be able to get to France before the lorry drivers.

France (and Germany) are not interested in the workers, only the well-off - remember the tractors blocking Paris and Berlin streets a few years ago.
Cabbage is still good for you
It wasn't 'purely' a political stunt though Ritchie. We gave them very good reason to close the border. The EU did the same with Denmark, and we did the same with them at one point.

Anyway looks like a trade deal is there to be had, which is good news. It remains to be seen who has been shafted, but its certainly looking like Scottish farmers are going to be in that bracket.
0762 likes this post
https://www.facebook.com/ledbydonkeys/vi...813382316/

This is a vg critical summary of Johnson and his bunch of mishandling/incompetent chancers who should never have been anywhere near the governance of this country, much like many critics of Trump have finally realised he was never "fit for such high office" from the very beginning. The similarity in such extreme politics and crass attitude/behaviour is "striking"!
Doing a deal at xmas Laugh

This xxxx thinks we all have zips up the back. God help us.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/br...d=msedgdhp

Yep! I totally agree! Breaking news: the deal is done under a "smokescreen" of Xmas preparations etc in the UK. Most Brit people will give this a "passing glance" as too busy doing other things. From what I can initially see, they've suckered the fishing industry's expectations with a 5.5 year deal (more details to be revealed but they get 2/3 catch back after 5.5 years). Who else is gonna lose out in this "stitch up"? I notice Michel Barnier's face is beaming. Therefore I assume the UK will be the bigger loser in this - analysis later on when we can scrutinise the 2000 page document and what it really encompasses - the "devil is in the detail"! Von der Leyen quote: Quiet satisfaction and relief! But sorrow in witnessing the UK's exit. Ultimately disintegration from the EU to follow and lotsa industries are gonna suffer eg the service industries, financial sector, banking and others. I notice Johnson "banging on" about eating fish FFS - well under 1% of UK GDP! Robert Peston already "ripping into" Johnson re his misrepresentation of the facts re the huge inconvenience and hassle that will follow for businesses etc. Johnson already looking uncomfortable under this level of scrutiny - IT IS A CON, NO DOUBT!! We are going backwards in a trade and economic sense and that is what Robert Peston was alluding to! Johnson just "bodyswerved" the scrutiny as usual! Quote by Johnson just now, a hypocritical one: "It's one thing to get freedom, winning freedom is a fantastic thing but it is how we use it and make the most of it"!Thumb down What a hypocrite from a Scottish viewpoint - an absolute 100% scheming, undemocratic shit heid based on his inciteful comments on Scotland's new direction towards Scotindy and "not allowing it"!!??? No equal partners in this Brexit "stitch up"!!
Von der Leyen and Barnier both beaming, but low key and respectful.
Boris blustering and full of triumphalism.

Says it all.

The main takeaway for me personally is no recognition of UK product standards, which means certification, lab and legal costs for firms are going to cost millions. Plus no recognition of our professional qualifications either which is going to limit people and business with Europe.

The EU have basically said Bye and thanks for the fish.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »