Thread Rating:
RIFC
It wouldn't matter who came forward with and intention to buy or invest in Rangers a certain section would always be searching for links to Greene, Whyte, Murray, the Pope etc. And, in the world of business and high finance everybody is linked someway or another: six degrees of separation.

It's an outcome that I am looking for, no more and no less: a steady ship, gradually able to compete at the top of Scottish football and preferably winning a top leave championship before any new records are set.

If one man ends up in charge again, but has the wherewithal and acumen to make a serious go of its then I've no problem with that. If nothing else, Sarver brings the excellent opportunity for link up with a successful outfit in o e of the top North American sports - a market we've always targeted, but never really taken full advantage of.
Felix Magath now has shares in Rangers, I know he got a bad rep from his time at Fulham and is a strict disciplinarian but perhaps at the moment its what Rangers need?

Van Gaal is a similar character who has done it with more success, Fulham were on a slide and pretty sure some egos were bringing the club down and not doing it on the pitch-still think he Magath) is a decent manager certainly a step up from the last incumbent, certainly a lot of the bigger name players need a slap to perform to what they are being paid.
We need something that's for sure and i'm not averse to a foreign coach, as long as its to the advantage of the club.
First and foremost we need a culture of being able to produce and enhance young players.
(09-01-2015, 13:34)supercooper Wrote: First and foremost we need a culture of being able to produce and enhance young players.

I think that's exactly where Magath would be involved, if his chosen group succeeds. As DoF he'd be ideal, as long as the ideas he presents are subscribed to by all.

But then, we all know what happens when outsiders come in and try to do things differently properly in Scottish football:

Le Guen
Vogts
Wotte

Edit: Follow up -

Quote:Former Bayern Munich manager Felix Magath has bought around a 1% stake in Rangers International Football Club.

He purchased the shares late last year, and has held discussions with one of the groups vying for control of the club, but it is not Robert Sarver.

Magath has no ambition to succeed Ally McCoist as Rangers manager, but does want to rebuild the club's football infrastructure as technical director.

The German's last job was as manager of English Championship side Fulham.

The 61-year-old was sacked by the London club in September after a poor start to the season.

He still, however, remains widely admired in Germany for his work at several clubs, having won the Bundesliga title twice while in charge of Bayern and once as boss of Wolfsburg.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30739618
Beaten to the punch but I'll post this anyway. Skysports - Former Fulham boss Felix Magath buys shares in Rangers

On the takeover offer, I am in favour of a Robert Sarver majority shareholding takeover (giving him control), in principle.
Just what current shareholders will sell to him is anyones guess, but I won't be selling my shares, to anyone.

What I am not sure about is whether I could vote in favour of Robert Sarver's investment, but without having to sell my shares.
AVFC RFC SAFC
If was the case of a takeover i would imagine a request for shares would be the first avenue taken.
Larry, if the company is delisted you'll retain the same shares in the private company. The only real difference is that they won't be tradable in the same way through open market mechanisms, though they can still be bought and sold.

Also, you can vote for the takeover because his proposal is that he takes up 100m new shares. He would then have to make an offer to existing shareholders for their shares, but you don't need to sell at that point.
That was my understanding, the money he is looking to put in would entail the club offering him new shares that dilute other shareholdings to the level where his number of shares gives him control of the club. I still think he might be the best option for a couple of reasons, firstly he is very wealthy, on a level significantly above anyone else interested and secondly he appears not to be coming with the same baggage as all the others have, he has no association (as far as we know) with anyone who has ever been connected to Rangers so he won't (or shouldn't) get tarred with the same brush as nearly all the other groups/individuals do. I think he would represent a completely fresh start for the club, something that I think you hoped for 3 years ago!!
Robert Sarver's second offer has been rejected by the Board and he has withdrawn it.
However, he can make another offer within the next six months.
I hope he does, for he seems to be the best bet for ending all these battles for blazers.

Rangers FC - Rejection of Possible Offer (RNS Number : 8457B) 12 January 2015

Rangers FC - Statement of intention not to make an offer (RNS Number : 9152B) 12 January 2015

Robert Sarver today announces that as a result of the board's failure to provide a counter proposal or to engage in any meaningful negotiations with him, he does not now intend to make an offer for Rangers.

Robert Sarver commented:

"I'm disappointed the Rangers board has rejected my revised offer, which addressed the club's immediate and long-term needs. Clearly the current directors have a different path they want to go down. I hope for the sake of the club and the fans, who've been very warm and supportive towards me, that it works out. I wish the club and fans the best of luck. If they want my support in the future, then they only have to ask."
AVFC RFC SAFC
He might still want to be involved, but only once the dust has settled and the board aren't being pulled in so many different directions. I don't blame him, to be honest.

So, that leaves us with Park, Taylor & Letham, and whatever plans they have to fund us short term.

Or King and his glorious plan. (Stop laughing at the back there, please.)

Or Ashley's short term loans where his gaining of more equity will get us into even more shit with the SFA.

Your move, PTL.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »