Thread Rating:
RIFC
I would imagine they would want the share value at least.
Sco
I think that, since he was in talks before the festive period, 18pps might have been market value when he made his offer. Only the market activity of King etc drove the price up. I'm quite sure that Goldilocks and the 3 Bears only paid 18pps.
It makes you wonder if someone had a quiet word with the various potential investors about the bid from Sarver and that forced them to either shit or get off the pot!!!!
To be fair the shares were about 18p when he allegedly first spoke to the club and seemed more likely to fall than rise.
Sarver has increased his offer to 20pps and offered an immediate £6.5 million liability
I still don't think the shareholders will approve it, but at least the board are going to them for an answer this time.
These are the notices posted today, 08/01/2015 :

Easedale loan : Rangers FC - Repayment of Shareholder Loan (RNS Number : 5866B) 08 January 2015

Robert Sarver : Rangers FC - Revised Proposal Relating to Rangers International Football Club plc (RNS Number : 5986B) 08 January 2015

Response to Robert Sarver : Rangers FC - Revised Proposal (RNS Number : 6544B) 08 January 2015

Personally I have no objection to the number of shares being increased to accomodate Robert Sarver, but I do not want to be forced to sell my shares due to a takeover.
AVFC RFC SAFC
You can't be forced to sell, I don't think - he just has to make the offer at the highest price he has paid in past 12 months. You can remained a minority shareholder, but have to accept that he has overall control and can do whatever he likes as long as it is in the best interest of the majority share holders: him.
I hope you are correct, Worthing.
If Robert Sarver takes a controlling stake, but does not buy out shareholders such as me, ordinary Rangers Fans who took part in the IPO, fair enough, but I am reminded of when Randy Lerner bought AVFC's operating company. It was a plc, but once Lerner gained a controlling interest (75%, I think), he turned it into a private Limited company and all the other shareholders, including Fans who had shares in the plc, had to sell their shares, leaving Lerner as the sole shareholder.

This is plausible, having read Robert Sarver's history (see the Wiki link I posted earlier, Post #417).

Skysports - American financier Robert Sarver denies links to Rangers investors
AVFC RFC SAFC
Given that its rabid internet rumours i'll take that with a pinch of salt. If he ticks the boxes and is prepared to work with likeminded, Then i am more than happy to see it go before the board.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »