Thread Rating:
RIFC
I know you are!! And you are right about it being the same old shite for them, but finally it seems the penny has dropped for many connected to Rangers that the future of the club needs to be taken care of before anything else!! I have no doubt that the ordinary fan wanted this from the moment the club was dropped down the league but it finally seems the board of directors is on the same page as well!!
One other item of boardroom news today {05/01/2015}.

Skysports - Sports Direct executive Barry Leach appointed finance director at Rangers
AVFC RFC SAFC
Thing there's been enough Leeches at Ibrox.
The Sarver bid has been knocked back, valued the shares at 18p
I would imagine it would be eating into their profit margin too much.
Shareholders would never agree to sell at 18pps. Not in a million years.

It's about time these super-rich interested parties made a bid that has a chance of actually succeeding.
Barry John Leach - details : Rangers FC - Directorate Change (RNS Number : 3339B) 05 January 2015

Robert Sarver offer : Rangers FC - Rejection of Possible Offer (RNS Number : 3488B) 06 January 2015
AVFC RFC SAFC
Thing that intrigues me about the American bid is, has he links to Ashley?
(06-01-2015, 18:56)supercooper Wrote: Thing that intrigues me about the American bid is, has he links to Ashley?

What makes you think he may have any links to MA??

From the little I know about his time over here as a sports franchise owner, he knows nothing at all about football and not that much more about sport in general, but he does know finance and making money!! I suppose the question now is at what price would the shareholders be prepared to allow someone like him swoop in and buy the club outright?? 18p per share is obviously not enough, would 20p do it, or 25p?? Where is the threshold?? The thing about this is so far he appears to be the only one who is willing to stump up enough cash to buy the whole thing, rather than just buying a portion of the club. If I was in your position I would prefer to see one clear owner of the club rather than the continual battle between minority owners, but as Trus once said, there is not much the ordinary fans can do about any of this!!
I did not buy my shares in Rangers to make a profit, or even to get a dividend.

I bought my shares to support Rangers Football Club, they are my wee portion of Rangers FC and are worth more to me than any monetary value they have.

They are NOT for sale !!!

I wager the overwheming majority of Rangers Fans who are also Shareholders share my attitude.
AVFC RFC SAFC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »