Thread Rating:
Former Spireite signs for.....
Hope someone higher gives him a go. I wish we could have him back.
Nando seems to have surprised Derby and his other suitors by going to Turkish Second Division Altay SK.

Now that sounds like an agent rather than a player inspired move to me. Anyway he should at least be politically popular. Didn't Erdogan play part-time pro' as a centre forward. Possibly Nando has political aspirations, or has decided to put aside the alcohol and move closer to Mecca.
(12-08-2020, 16:34)Devongone Wrote: Nando seems to have surprised Derby and his other suitors by going to Turkish Second Division Altay SK.

Now that sounds like an agent rather than a player inspired move to me. Anyway he should at least be politically popular. Didn't Erdogan play part-time pro' as a centre forward. Possibly Nando has political aspirations, or has decided to put aside the alcohol and move closer to Mecca.

Sounds like he's gone to Turkey for the £££. Indian, Chinese and Turkish clubs apparently pay good money to players.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Darren Currie leaves Barnet. Southend jumping up and down on the pier with excitement.

Nando ..... it's a long time since Altay were a big name anywhere outside Izmir. Good money for Nando means good money for the agent ..... who I seem to remember was trying hard to palm any players he'd got off on us. I hope he's happy. He's 28 now so he doesn't have that long ahead of him to enjoy his career.

I once saw Dalian Atkinson walking down a back street in Istanbul on his own, the only black man around. He didn't look happy. I'm not suggesting Armand's future is going to be death by TASER, but I don't think Altay have any other French, or even English players. It doesn't sound like the kind of place you want to be Billy-No-Mates and I don't think Nando is a natural loner.
Weymouth's manager gets Southend job. Mark Molesley. Looks as though he has already taken a few sips from the poisoned chalice.
Waterford were 2-0 up and conceded 2 goals in 7 minutes against Dundalk. John Sheridan apparently has slagged off the standard of the League Of Ireland by comparing it to a pub league which upset the Dundalk manager and fan's of League Of Ireland teams.
Devongone likes this post

Oh Matt thanks for that. It restores my faith in humanity.

I bet Dancing will be on the floor when he reads that.

Isn't it just a great idea to slag off the league you are in and all the players, before you've even got going? How much of an idiot do you look when your team is in mid-table and 3-1 down against one of the strugglers? You either have to win the whole thing or commit suicide really. If you are Ronnie O'Sulkivan you can nearly get away with saying all the young players are rubbish, because everyone knows you are a genius, but if you are John Sheridan everyone's just going to assume you're pissed.
(18-08-2020, 18:32)Devongone Wrote: Oh Matt thanks for that. It restores my faith in humanity.

I bet Dancing will be on the floor when he reads that.

Isn't it just a great idea to slag off the league you are in and all the players, before you've even got going?  How much of an idiot do you look when your team is in mid-table and 3-1 down against one of the strugglers? You either have to win the whole thing or commit suicide really. If you are Ronnie O'Sulkivan you can nearly get away with saying all the young players are rubbish, because everyone knows you are a genius, but if you are John Sheridan everyone's just going to assume you're pissed.

I follow League Of Ireland as it mainly is played during the summer but this season the League got put on hold due to the pandemic. I mainly look out for Sligo Rovers and Cork City's results as I managed them on Football Manager.

If Shez gets the boot from the League of Ireland and in his words its a wank league with piss poor players (not to mention crap managers), where will that leave him?
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
I'd have thought Peterhead would be isolated enough to keep him quiet. He got as far north as Carlisle. And there's a drinking culture up there. And Scottish football fans have got used to losing and shouting at their players. Perhaps Albion or Alloa. Maybe Partick, after all they've tried Caldwell so Sheri' will be an improvement.

Lloyd Allinson has gone to Scarborough.

Cameron Mason is still at Curzon ....... we could still sign him for nothing or next to it.

One of my favourites Nassim L'Ghoul left Dover, don't think he has found a club, could be going back to France for all I know. I've always wanted to read about him ghosting down the wing for Chesterfield. He's good. He's really good. Imagine, Butterfield & Ghoul, it sounds like a high class undertaker's.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »