Thread Rating:
COVID Cricket: England at home, summer 2020
Brooks and Blackwood looking ominously solid. Could do with breaking this partnership before tea.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
100 partnership, then Blackwood gone. And off they walk for a nice cup of tea. 137-5.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
This match just keeps on delivering. Going all the way, this one.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Good win lads. Well done. Thumb up
England have leveled the series against West Indies after completing a 113-run victory against Jason Holder's men.

The visitors were bowled out for 198, with Ollie Pope taking a stunning catch at short leg to remove Kemar Roach with just under an hour of play remaining.

Stuart Broad was England's highest wicket taker in the innings, taking three for 42, while Ben Stokes, Dom Bess and Chris Woakes all took two a piece.

[Image: EdYtvlXX0AEoS7F?format=jpg&name=small]
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Third Test, Emirates Old Trafford (day one of five)
England 258-4 (85.4 overs): Pope 91*, Burns 57, Buttler 56*
West Indies: Yet to bat

Ollie Pope's classy 91 not out gave England the upper hand on the first day of the deciding Test against West Indies at Emirates Old Trafford.

Pope added an unbroken 136 with Jos Buttler, who is on 56, to push England to 258-4, taking the initiative for the hosts in the evening gloom following two sessions of back-and-forth.

In reducing England to 122-4, West Indies had the chance to seize control after winning the toss and choosing to field for the second time in as many weeks.

The opportunity was accentuated by England's decision to cover for Ben Stokes being unable to bowl by omitting batsman Zak Crawley in favour of an extra paceman - Chris Woakes at seven gave a lengthy look to the lower order.

22 stone cricketers are the way forward

[Image: rahkeem-cornwallc_XL.jpg]

But Pope and Buttler rattled along, and Pope was only denied a century before the close by bad light ending play with 4.2 overs left.

They have left England as favourites to win this Test, the three-match series, and deny West Indies a first success in this country since 1988.

As they bid to regain the Wisden Trophy - set to be replaced by a prize named after legendary pair Sir Ian Botham and Sir Viv Richards - they will have to be mindful of the Manchester weather.

Rain is forecast for the rest of the match, with days two and four looking at most risk.

He's got lightning reflexes for such a big lad, Rahkeem Cornwall. That one-hander to dismiss Burns was incredible.
themaclad likes this post
Collapse is on.

Followed by a quick fire 50 from the Nottinghamshire Lara.

From 33 balls. Fifth fastest fifty for England in Tests.
West Indies 58-3 at tea, replying to England's 369 all out. A Stokes drop at slip the only blot on the copybook, England in control otherwise.
Third Test, Emirates Old Trafford (day two of five)
England 369 (111.5 overs): Pope 91, Buttler 67, Roach 4-72
West Indies 137-6: Campbell 32, Broad 2-17, Anderson 2-17

Stuart Broad and James Anderson once again showed their enduring class as England took a huge step towards winning the series on day two of the third Test against West Indies.

The veteran pace bowlers, who have each been left out for one match in the series, took two wickets apiece, while Broad weighed in with valuable runs.

With Jofra Archer also bowling at high pace, West Indies were 137-6, 232 behind, when bad light ended play half an hour early.

The tourists had earlier made an explosive start, taking four wickets for 18 runs, including Ollie Pope without adding to his overnight 91 and Jos Buttler for 67.

But Broad reversed the momentum by crashing a 33-ball half-century - only Ian Botham has made a quicker fifty for England in Tests.

His 62 from 45 balls is his highest score for seven years and lifted England to 369 all out.

Their progress on a day when expected rain never arrived could negate further bad weather that is forecast during the rest of the match.

They are primed to regain the Wisden Trophy, protect a six-year unbeaten home record and deny West Indies a first win in England since 1988.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »