Thread Rating:
Former Spireite signs for.....
Gboly Ariyibi has signed for Panaitolikos for an undisclosed fee.

Dion Donohue has had his contract terminated at Mansfield.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Chris O'Grady has signed for Bolton.

Jamie O'Hara takes over as manager of Billericay. Can't be accused of looking for job security.
And now Tamplin has thrown in the towel as owner, less than a day after giving Jamie the job. What a vote of confidence!
Jordan Bowery has signed for Mansfield on a 2 year deal from MK Dons and Eoin Doyle is rumoured to be joining as well.

Jordan's career is on a downward curve so I'm not surprised, but Eoin Doyle? His goals got Swindon up. His complete failure at Bradford and then back there surely once and for all proved it doesn't always work for him. Yes he'd be a great gamble for Mansfield, but for Eoin Doyle? Wouldn't Division One be a better bet for him?
(23-06-2020, 12:39)Devongone Wrote: Jordan's career is on a downward curve so I'm not surprised, but Eoin Doyle? His goals got Swindon up. His complete failure at Bradford and then back there surely once and for all proved it doesn't always work for him. Yes he'd be a great gamble for Mansfield, but for Eoin Doyle? Wouldn't Division One be a better bet for him?

He got a lot of his goals for us in L1. I remember he barely got a look in when we were in L2 as Marc Richards started most games.

Bolton are in for Ian Evatt. Barrow want compensation ………. and how they need it. Without him their promotion is pointless. He's their only hope of survival in my opinion. What do you think?
(25-06-2020, 13:26)Devongone Wrote: Bolton are in for Ian Evatt. Barrow want compensation ………. and how they need it. Without him their promotion is pointless.  He's their only hope of survival in my opinion. What do you think?

Barrow have rejected £250k compensation from Bolton. I think he will go to Bolton, if I had the choice, I would stick with Barrow. Bolton's aspirations are going to be promotion and if Ian Evatt goes to Bolton and they hit a bad spell or fail to get promotion then he will be let go and they will hire another manager until they are back in L1/Championship. If he sticks with Barrow and has another successful season with them then he might get offers from clubs in L1 or even the Championship.

Just imagine if he was given the job when we got relegated from L2, we could be back in the Football League by now.

To many "ifs" there Matt.
Bolton have more potential than Barrow so a move would make sense but £250k?
He might become another John Sheridan living of his contract payoffs - nice 3 year deal with 18 month paid holiday - Lovely Jubley.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »