Thread Rating:
Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement!
Just reading recent comments/criticisms by Hertz old veteran player, Gary Mackay, re HMFC's/Budge's campaign to stay in the top league and his description of the footie club "showing no class" and ending up being a "laughing stock" is so different (but accurate) from Stephen Pressley's impersonation of Tom English in his stupid "defence"(?) of the club's position.
Budge's problem now is that she's made a huge mistake of effectively saying that whatever the legal action will cost, it will work out cheaper than the club being relegated. In other words she is going to take to court the same people she is asking to support her over this.

She hasn't left herself an easy way to back down if and when reconstruction is rejected.
Looks like the EFL are finally getting their heads round the possibility that they won't be able to play the games out - and if they can't then 'null and void' is a non starter and they will go with final placings standing and relegation/promotion.

The SPFL have got much wrong, but I actually think here that they made a tough call but the right one.
BouncingHibees and 0762 like this post
“I don’t think for a second anyone would have been talking about reconstructing the leagues had it been ourselves or Hamilton sitting at the bottom of the table when football was stopped"
St Mirren CEO Tony Fitzpatrick
ritchiebaby likes this post
(21-05-2020, 20:26)BouncingHibees Wrote: “I don’t think for a second anyone would have been talking about reconstructing the leagues had it been ourselves or Hamilton sitting at the bottom of the table when football was stopped"

Tony is absolutely spot on.

Whats really disappointing is that Scottish football has been totally sidetracked over the last month or so, with issues around voting, pishy dossiers and threats from Anne Budge. If it hadn't been then there may have been some actual thoughts given around what the future of football in this country might look like.
(21-05-2020, 20:26)BouncingHibees Wrote: “I don’t think for a second anyone would have been talking about reconstructing the leagues had it been ourselves or Hamilton sitting at the bottom of the table when football was stopped"

I think there was a bit of a "Sevco moment" re Hertz, their reaction to the reality of poss being relegated and the belief within the footie club that they were a "special case" and bigger than other lesser clubs who they would be more than willing to "throw under a bus" as long as they were OK. Remember Sevco's orchestrations to remain in the top league after realising that they failed the insolvency rules and would be consequently relegated to the bottom rung of the SPFL leagues. They were "too big" to be subjected to such a penalty all these years ago and therefore the rules should be "bent" to ignore the reasons why they ended up "in the mire" and the fact they were self-inflicted. The rule was rightly applied after pressure from Scot footie fans all over the country. The rest is history.
Budges latest plans are ridiculous, cant see them getting voted through, I hear 1 former for reconstruction has now change to no reconstruction as her plans and horrible statement have changed many clubs views. 'The Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship' I mean where do I start haha

Hearts 4 points from safety = we deserve to stay up.

Dundee 4 points from 2nd = you deserve to stay down
0762 likes this post
One piece of previous needless and silly narrative coming from HMFC was their comment that they were being "expelled" from the Scot Premiership!!? Really?? I'm not surprised a lotta SPFL clubs have been "turned off" by Hertz/Budge's orchestrations.
Queen Anne thinks the most pressing issue for Scottish fitba right now is what league a totally dreadful hertz team plays in next season . It is for her because when the hertz fans realise how close she has taken them to financial oblivion they are going to go mental.

For the rest of us leaving it till the end of June when we know from the Scots gov when we can play in front of crowds again is more sensible. I suspect that will be 2021.... Chances are we will have to reconstruct again when we do know.

"Concern has also been expressed that Clubs in the bottom half of the Division could lose out on a possible home game against either Celtic or Rangers, which would impact their gate receipt income. This would be offset by virtue of being guaranteed an extra home game."

Aye course it would Anne. The arrogance of the woman is unreal.
I see Hibs have said farewell to all their loanees, incl wee Omeonga, a total of nine gone. So Jack Ross will be close to working from a "clean slate" in eventually producing his own 1st team squad. When that actually happens is anybody's guess!
ritchiebaby and hibeejim21 like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »