Thread Rating:
RIFC
Got to be better than Ashley
Stability at long last?
Will be interesting to see what, if anything, Ashley does now??
Indeed it will Sco.
Official. The sale of Lewis Macleod to Brentford was for financial reasons.

Lewis Macleod to Brentford : Rangers FC - Sale of a player (RNS Number : 0933B) 02 January 2015

George Taylor, Douglas Park and George Letham shareholding : Rangers FC - Holding in Company (RNS Number : 0932B) 02 January 2015

George Alexander Taylor shareholding : Rangers FC - NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTEREST IN SHARES (RNS Number : 1616B) 02 January 2015
AVFC RFC SAFC
And just like that Dave King buys a 14.6% stake and becomes our biggest individual shareholder.

He even managed to do so without putting money in the pockets of the axis of evil. Any reason why you couldn't have bought those shares months ago Dave?

One thing that remains to be seen is if this was bought as part of a plan in conjunction with the 'Three Bears' or if he's been spurred into action by the threat of being beaten to the punch by them in his efforts to take control. All good for Rangers at the moment though.
All good for Rangers and here was me thinking you hated Dave King too
I don't hate King and I've said before I'd be OK with him coming onboard, especially if he gives us money to spend. What I've objected to is the damage he's done to us as a brand and the way he's deceived and used other fans to try to force his way in, as well as his constant passing up of opportunities to put his money where his mouth is. Now we see if he's willing and able to follow through.
That's 40% in the hands of "wealthy fans".

What's the 5 in the hands of non-wealthy fans?

Do we have an absolute majority? And is that enough to force change?

I'm not sure if I can see light at the end of the tunnel or just the xxxx digging the tunnel sparking up a fag in the distance.
(02-01-2015, 20:50)El Car Wrote: I don't hate King and I've said before I'd be OK with him coming onboard, especially if he gives us money to spend. What I've objected to is the damage he's done to us as a brand and the way he's deceived and used other fans to try to force his way in, as well as his constant passing up of opportunities to put his money where his mouth is. Now we see if he's willing and able to follow through.

I have no time for Dave King whatsoever, precisely for the reasons you listed. I want him nowhere near our club, and the same goes for that snake Paul Murray. The stunts they've pulled, the lies they've promoted and the sheer disrespect they've shown our proud Institution will never be forgotten - or forgiven - by me.

However I'm gonna have to just suck it up as there's nothing I can - or would try to - do about it. I will just continue with my subscriptions and support the club as always.

As you say, he's bought his shares fair and square at last. Now we await further investment to provide stability at the very least.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »