Thread Rating:
Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement!
French and Belgian leagues called with current standings. PSG and Brugges confirmed champions.

League 2 in England vote to call it as stands.
(15-05-2020, 07:11)hibeejim21 Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52667320

Looks like the SPFL are actively exploring the 'hub' idea to get the new season going. It seems a bit unlikely tbh.

I think the summary of pre-requisites for players, clubs, Scot govt approval etc kinda confirms that it is indeed very unlikely that this idea will be followed. I suspect sometime next week Celtic will be confirmed as Scot Prem champions and Hertz will be relegated.
Reconstruction is back on the table with the likes of Celtic and Rangers voting to save Hearts arses by the sounds of it.
(16-05-2020, 16:31)BouncingHibees Wrote: Reconstruction is back on the table with the likes of Celtic and Rangers voting to save Hearts arses by the sounds of it.

Was just hearing that on BBC Scotland. I think hertz financial position is more perilous than I first thought.

Hibs shouldn't be writing off any more cash to keep these clowns in the top flight.
BouncingHibees likes this post
(16-05-2020, 16:36)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(16-05-2020, 16:31)BouncingHibees Wrote: Reconstruction is back on the table with the likes of Celtic and Rangers voting to save Hearts arses by the sounds of it.

Was just hearing that on BBC Scotland. I think hertz financial position is more perilous than I first thought.

Hibs shouldn't be writing off any more cash to keep these clowns in the top flight.

It's a shambles, Budge has told other clubs that if Hearts go down they will go bust, I mean that's no one elses fault but there own for overspending AGAIN.

I'm pretty pissed off with the whole affair now, leagues where supposed to be declared but somehow Scottish Football is going to bend over because certain clubs are upset.

Scottish football is a complete embarrassment.
hibeejim21 and ritchiebaby like this post
One good offshoot of this fiasco that I'm particularly happy about is Hibs eventual position to issue a pragmatic formal statement and distance the club from this shambles where certain Scottish footie clubs have really damaged themselves to the point of utter embarrassment and denial. We all know who they are and this whole charade won't be forgotten for years to come.
hibeejim21 likes this post
I just can't see any temporary reconstruction plan working out. Time is not on her side either.
(17-05-2020, 02:58)hibeejim21 Wrote: I just can't see any temporary reconstruction plan working out. Time is not on her side either.

All seems a bit strange that apparently certain teams now back it. Can’t really see teams like Hamilton, St Johnstone or Ross County wanting extra relegation places all to save a basket case of a club.
Aye! I concur with that view and I agree it is baffling to see this latest "twist" or is it the case that the media have misrepresented the presentation of this issue that is, in reality, insignificant and has no chance of being progressed in such a temporary arrangement.
(17-05-2020, 18:07)BouncingHibees Wrote:
(17-05-2020, 02:58)hibeejim21 Wrote: I just can't see any temporary reconstruction plan working out. Time is not on her side either.

All seems a bit strange that apparently certain teams now back it. Can’t really see teams like Hamilton, St Johnstone or Ross County wanting extra relegation places all to save a basket case of a club.

Nor can I see enough championship clubs wanting to vote for it either - clubs like ayr,dundee and Morton have already made it clear they are deeply cheesed off with the whole affair.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »