Thread Rating:
Labour Leadership Contest
(30-04-2020, 00:34)0762 Wrote: Yep! I briefly watched that poor performance Matt and wondered why the sudden change in serious scrutiny of a Brit govt strategy and damaging policies that deserve to be criticised in the proper way.

Makes you wonder if his tactic is to reel them in and then hit them when they least expect it.

I really hope he isn't trying to turn Labour into the Tory B team.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(30-04-2020, 02:11)spireitematt Wrote:
(30-04-2020, 00:34)0762 Wrote: Yep! I briefly watched that poor performance Matt and wondered why the sudden change in serious scrutiny of a Brit govt strategy and damaging policies that deserve to be criticised in the proper way.

Makes you wonder if his tactic is to reel them in and then hit them when they least expect it.

I really hope he isn't trying to turn Labour into the Tory B team.

The next election will be fought over which party leadership commands the most trust as the country navigates the pandemic’s aftermath, whatever that turns out to be.

When you take it in that context, Starmer’s performance yesterday was sound. He's positioning labour as being supportive in a time of national crisis but highlighting the things the governments getting wrong. That strikes me as the smart thing to be doing currently.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Another roasting for Boris today at PMQs, Starmer easing him into making lie after lie then returning to more detail and question.

I think he is doing very well, already his approval ratings are higher than Boris (source YouGov)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po...12846.html
This recent spat has now turned into a blazing row. I also briefly watched this scenario unfold in the HOC and Johnson clearly not in his "comfort zone" again under such clinical scrutiny and showing his weakness in this area.
Re care homes, there was apparently a critical report by Patrick Vallance presented to the Brit govt way back in January and highlighting an impending crisis in the care system and requiring urgent attention to address the neglect and weaknesses - the Johnson govt ignored that criticism/advice!!!
I think Matts right and he is going to reel them in, yesterday both the speaker and Fatso were given notice that the old days of getting an easy ride at PMQs are over.

Boris is going to need a new fridge to hide in.
He'd better find a covert hairdresser at the same time Jim or try to do what Nicola is doing with a self-cut tutorial from an expert lol!! I got the missus to attempt trimming my long locks after doing a really good job on her curly hair - she aint getting another go any time soon ha ha ha! Managed to remedy things a wee bit with an electrical hairdressing clipper but hair slightly shorter - PHEWWWW!!!
Cant find any hair clippers online for love nor money 0762. Things are getting a bit out of control at this end !!
0762 likes this post
(15-05-2020, 06:25)hibeejim21 Wrote: Cant find any hair clippers online for love nor money 0762. Things are getting a bit out of control at this end !!

I've haven't had a haircut for nearly 5 months. Need to get the clippers to it. I normally go about every 2 months.

Wowww! 5 months Matt! You need to find some thinning out scissors (or clippers + a long comb) attachment pronto. There are lotsa folk in my area who are in a similar predicament. Plus lotsa women whose hair has never been "bushed out" until now. They'll be getting desperate to see an active hairdresser asap!
(15-05-2020, 23:43)0762 Wrote: Wowww! 5 months Matt! You need to find some thinning out scissors (or clippers + a long comb) attachment pronto. There are lotsa folk in my area who are in a similar predicament. Plus lotsa women whose hair has never been "bushed out" until now. They'll be getting desperate to see an active hairdresser asap!

I've got hair clippers but seeing how long I can grow it out. Never go 2 months sometimes 3 months without it being cut. I reckon it will annoy me if a heatwave happens. I reckon if hairdressers are eventually opened I reckon people will be wary about going.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »